Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2040 preseason

Re: 2040 preseason

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1018 View Post
    im glad you brought this up because I saw him and Donald Labrecque (43) still looking for jobs. That is some Bartolo Colon $hit right there.
    HAHAHA I did a double take when I saw his age.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

OK so I just couldnt stand pat. I saw a nice top of the order bat, a defensive upgrade at SS and some former Sharks that were still hanging around on the market.

Probably the big splash was bringing in OF Deacon Heaton who brings a much needed LH bat at the top of the order, It took outbidding Monty to get him and 2 vet Sharks were let go to make some extra cap space.

Its always a surprise when you see a pretty high RA SS available in FA, Timothy Clark was let go by an incoming GM and will slide into the middle of the field for the Sharks. He comes in and increases the position both in RA & GL and means that Stevenson moves to 2B.

Steve Kimbrough & Scott Duggan make their return to the team, both 3B they will be bench players that play good defense

The team plans to make a few more moves post 4/1.
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    LEG Montigny Cougars

Quote Originally Posted by PaulTakeo View Post
    2 long time veterans of the game will be released very soon by the new owner of the Muskegon Clippers, pitchers Bruce Scaggs and Mark Sroka.

Bruce Scaggs, 44 years old, is a 20 year veteran of the game, spending the last 4 years with Muskegon and 37 year old Mark Sroka who has spent his 14 year career with the Clippers.

The new owner hopes both players can find new teams to end their careers with. Sroka would be suited as a 4th or 5th starting pitcher and Scaggs would be suited as a long or middle reliever. The Muskegon Clippers thank them for their services and wish both players well.
    I'm happy to see both pitchers found new clubs to play for and I hope they do good.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1018 View Post
    im glad you brought this up because I saw him and Donald Labrecque (43) still looking for jobs. That is some Bartolo Colon $hit right there.
    Labrecque has found his way back to Tucson after a year away. He'll provide depth in the bullpen.
    Curent Teams
    Xtra Bases - Santa Fe Scorpions since 2047 - 33 seasons
    PGML - Tucson Roadrunners since 2024 - 15 seasons
    Retired Teams
    MLB Mideastern - Milwaukee Brewers 2071-2083 --- 2076 World Series Champs and 4 time Runner-Up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123