Thread: 2138 season discussion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

2138 season discussion

Anthony Albert posts win #300, my horse for so many years. Former 1st overall pick, ROY, 8X CY winner, 3X WS champ, & also just posted 4000 Ks. He's a shoe in for the Hall.

Also Wilford Napier keeps churning out the Saves, currently 691 which is 2nd All Time, wish I could pull some career leader numbers but the site slows down horribly when I try. He'll never catch #1 (over 800)
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    LEG Montigny Cougars

Re: 2138 season discussion

Sometimes it feels like it cant consider all players from every season... too much info to sort though I think.

https://www.csfbl.com/game/boxscore.asp?gameid=40833360

Chad Cook with a no-hitter against his former team...
    I want something good to die for to make it beautiful to live. I want a new mistake, loose is more than hesitate

There has been a lot to talk about in a league were there is little talk, balance of power has shifted significantly this season and it is evident up and down the standings.

It isnt until the end of the season when I evaluated my KC team that looked pretty solid midway through the season. 7/19 looks like the high water mark at 58-39, I usually use that +20 games over .500 as a gauge if a team is good or not. But this team is ready for a rebuild after a funky stretch with this core, this team has had 2 mini dynasty runs back in '25-'27 we won 2 of 3 WS then from '32-34 we lost 2 of 3 WS. This team had high hopes when Champion was brought in to pair with Albert. But AA is now 38 and in the twilight of his career. Looks like i'll be riding things out with some of my longtime stars to see what they can finish their careers with. Napier had another outstanding season at 38 where he posted another 43 saves to eclipse the 700 mark and now sits 2nd all time at 723, well shy of the top mark of 899.

Champion sits 15 games shy of 300 wins at 36yo so we hope to see that accomplishment happen with KC, Also at 38 Mitch Ruark has 3691 Hits so it would be nice to see if he could get to 4,000 and into the top 10 All time in that category. Remember MLB Classic has a very deep history with some outrageous marks so a top 10 AT in any category in this league is an accomplishment.

There are some really good defenders that I will be shopping come the spring so rebuild will start soon.
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    LEG Montigny Cougars

Well now that I talked about KC, as i mentioned things have shifted in MLB Classic. 14 teams were above .500 and 5 more were very close to the mark. 2 teams (Mets and Giants) hit the 100 wins mark. The best record in the AL was 88 wins (Seattle) a far cry from his 119 last season.

How the West was won
    For a little while at mid season it looked like my KC team had rebounded and was ready to Challenge Seattle for the top spot but my aging team went away and we saw the ChiSox leap over both KC & last season's Cinderella Champ Texas to take the 2nd spot in the division. But this was no 3 horse race, Seattle & Chicago ended up with an even record that resulted in the tiebreaker going to Seattle with a much better division record.

To finish the season CHI swept KC in the final division stretch, took 2/3 from Texas, were swept by OAK who finished strong at the end for a 3rd place seat and 86 wins, took 3/4 from Seattle, and 3/4 from MINN. Seattle managed a split with KC in the final 4 to hold the top spot.

The Beast of the East?
    Another team that saw a huge drop off was BALT. They finished with 81 wins as did their counterpart TOR but get the top seed by just 2 more division wins. BALT won 95 games last season but TOR only waon 64 so we see the shift here.

NL rules!!!
    As mentioned, the Mets & Giants are the league darings this season, SF really took advantage in division winning 50/70 they finished 14 games ahead of 2nd while NYMs had a 26 game cushion.

Current playoff series standings
    Balt up 2-1 on Jays

SEA up 2-1 over CHI after dropping game1

Cubbies surprising the Metropolitans 2-1 so far

Giants up 2-1 in a pretty good looking series against ATL

would be nice if some of you playoffs teams would keep us posted the rest of the way
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    LEG Montigny Cougars

Atlanta was in the 2138 postseason after a 9-year absence but not yet ready to make any kind of a run. The offense is there (led the league in runs, OPS, and stolen bases, and third in HRs) but the young starting pitching needs another season or two to fully develop, and the bullpen is pretty dreadful. We might be able to challenge the Giants in a season or two -- we shall see. SF is going to be good for a while yet.

Baltimore and Seattle finish off their playoff foes

Mets come back from down 3-1 over the Cubs

SF knocks off ATL in 5
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    LEG Montigny Cougars

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1018 View Post
    Baltimore and Seattle finish off their playoff foes

Mets come back from down 3-1 over the Cubs

SF knocks off ATL in 5
    heartbreaking. The Goat Curse has returned....or something.
    29 Championships
    Latest: Carolina Coastal Surge 2111

After a 7 game series between Seattle & Baltimore we will have a Challenger for New York Mets (bigdbpimpin1) in the WS

HFA has been significant in the series where Seattle had to settle for a split at home before going down 3-2 after the series shifted to BALT. Now with a game 6 win Seattle looks to close it out at home.

The Mets dropped game 1 but rolled off 3 straight wins finally taking the series in 6
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    LEG Montigny Cougars

'38 season's end awards showed the surge by ChiSox with James Edwards winning his 1st MVP and the ROY going to Sean Jarrad

2 possible CY pitchers may be meeting in the WS as BALT's Erick Witty & NYM's Chad Cook take home the mound prizes, its the 1st for both pitchers. Witty was #1 overall pick and Cook was a #2. Cook also had a No Hitter & 17+ SO game this season.

In a slightly biased opinion I feel that Wilford Napier was slighted his 10th FOY award in favor of MINN's Demetrius Kamps. Sure Kamps had 45 saves to Napier's 43 but had a little higher ERA this season.

Besides the CY the Mets also had the other ROY & FOY winners with Tom Sollars winning the rook, and Kurtis Brown having a domination 48 Save campaign while recording a real low 2.23 ERA

And last but certainly not least Pittsburg's Aaron Young destroyed the league en route to his 1st MVP (probably many more to come from the 26YO) .350-49-131, 108 R, 1.065 OPS
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    MLB Classic KC Royals
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    LEG Montigny Cougars