Thread: Future League Direction

Future League Direction

Okay, now that the draft is out of the way, I want to discuss the league's future.

1) We will be going to remain a 2 a day league.
    2) We will rename the league. Currently we are using American Association momentarily. I have received a suggestion(s) of Suvivors (thanks, dekid) and one from beanballer which I inadvertently deleted (sorry, beanballer). Looking for additional feedback from all ownership.
    3) We will be redoing the salary cap (currently 60M). One proposal received is setting the cap at 60M from the league flip until the date of the start of the league draft (May 5th) and increasing to 75M until seasons end.
    4) We will be getting an entirely new forum site, due to the multitude of changes and revisions of the league. It will be conformed completely to the new league format.

I need as much owner feedback from ownership as I can get. Honestly, not expecting much, but maybe I'll be surprised. I have a proposal for name change, salary cap and a suggestion for a free agency format, that I'll share shortly.

Regards, 'Nod.
    Last edited by Ravennod; February 5, 2019 at 02:09 PM.
    "It is what it is"

1997 World Series Champs - Montreal Expos (National League)
    1996, 1999, 2018 World Series Champs - Vancouver Stars (Reel Classics)
    2002 World Series Champs - Alberta Clippers (Long Ball)
    2004 World Series Champs - San Jose Scrappers (Gamma)
    2023 World Series Champs - New Orleans Pelicans (Omicron)
    2015 & 2016 World Series Champs - Ottawa Travelers (Gamma)
    2017 World Series Champs - Winnepeg Bombers (Letterheads)
    1982 World Series Champs - Winnepeg White Caps (Psi Psi Pi)

Re: Future League Direction

With the exception of Beanballer (thanks, Beanballer), I received ZERO feedback on league direction.

So, with that, I am probably going to "set" the league 'free" by returning it to a public league, setting the Sims to a 4 a day rate (as they were originally) and removing myself as Commish. I just don't feel that there is much energy to keep the league as it currently stands and maybe this will be the kick start it needs.

Special thanks to those of you who have contributed in feedback (again, Beanballer, and you too, dekid). Maybe there is just too many leagues out there and just not enough interest to make this one go.

Respectfully, Ravennod.
    "It is what it is"

1997 World Series Champs - Montreal Expos (National League)
    1996, 1999, 2018 World Series Champs - Vancouver Stars (Reel Classics)
    2002 World Series Champs - Alberta Clippers (Long Ball)
    2004 World Series Champs - San Jose Scrappers (Gamma)
    2023 World Series Champs - New Orleans Pelicans (Omicron)
    2015 & 2016 World Series Champs - Ottawa Travelers (Gamma)
    2017 World Series Champs - Winnepeg Bombers (Letterheads)
    1982 World Series Champs - Winnepeg White Caps (Psi Psi Pi)

Re: Future League Direction

Sorry I didn't get back to you, life issues. I resurrected this league after last season basically because my team won WS for the first time and wanted to see if it could repeat. I did not expect this league to thrive since a couple of other long time leagues I have been in also have died. I thank you for getting more owners but like you said there are many leagues out there and some are still very much active. I agree with your plans and the league has enough owners now to flip to another season.