Thread: Trading

Trading

With over 60% of the league over the salary cap and a few more teams barely under the cap it makes it very difficult to trades. I think it would be better if we raised the salary cap and in the future, make it a hard cap to keep teams from hoarding players. Maybe next year raise the cap to $60 million and the following year to $65 million and have a hard cap. 9 additional teams would be under the $65 million cap.

Re: Trading

Any comments on that topic? For one, I would agree to raise the cap to 60 millions.

let the revenue sharing flooooow!!

Since this league has historicaly little interactions, I'm taking the lead and raise immediately the cap to 60 millions!

I just picked up San Jose last season, so not much time invested (except a miracle of a world series run ). I'm all for the higher cap, but not a fan of hard caps per the initial comment, especially when there are preseason free agents to incentivize cap management. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by strangequiet View Post
    I just picked up San Jose last season, so not much time invested (except a miracle of a world series run ). I'm all for the higher cap, but not a fan of hard caps per the initial comment, especially when there are preseason free agents to incentivize cap management. Just my two cents.
    No hard cap. Too hard to manage for the commish team. Since the league is pretty easy going, it wouldn't fit the mould.