Thread: Draft order 2081

Draft order 2081

What happened to the draft order? There was only one trade this year (#14 from the Corellian team to East Berlin) that would change the order, but it is really different. First of all, he traded for the #14 (per the transactions page), but now it's the #11. I don't even have a first round pick anymore as I've been bumped five slots down to #29 from #24. Doesn't look like I'm the only team getting the shaft either. It looks like Dagobah got bumped from the #8 pick down to #17. That's pretty brutal.

Just looking at the owned teams first round picks:

Bothan -5 slots
    Millenium Falcons -2 slots
    Galactic Zoo -8 slots
    Rogue One -8
    Des Moines -4
    Dagobah -9

Jek's +3 slots
    Endor +3 slots
    East Berlin(Fmr. Corellian) +3

Merritton - no change at #4
    Toronto ak - no change at #2
    East Berlin - no change at #1

I hope it's just an unintentional mistake, but I don't understand why some teams moved up and some moved down. Jek's for example should be #23, but Cy got bumped up to #20 while I lost 5 places from #24. I know he needs all the help he can get against me after getting blown out in 4 games in the conference last season, but I'd at least like an explanation and a little transparency from the commishes on this.

Re: Draft order 2081

24 rule violations
    this year:
    monkeys 2 .
    falcons 1 .
    rogue 2.
    dagobah 2.

bothan 1.
    des moines 1

the penalty is 5 positions per violation, when multiple teams end up at the end, the team with the higher violation is lower. In your case you already had the last pick in the round, so your first rd pick was penalized 5 spots into the second.

this has been in place for at least 10 seasons now, probably more.

Ah, I thought it was just LM, my bad.

I know we have also kicked ideas around of releasing all players in AAA/LM to free agency on 4/2 that are 24+. making a million + as well.

This was all to combat tanking, as we had a couple teams that would leave great players in the minors and tank and keep accruing top picks.

We are always open to new ideas, as it is certainly a pain in the *** to re-order the draft every year and adjust unowned teams lineups.

We've also talked about us each owning 2 teams, but that would obviously present its own list of possible problems and would need a lot of structure and rules.

I would love to hear any thoughts other GMs have on how to improve the league. Also anyone have a friend who wants to join the league we are always open to new GMs