Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have SBs been nerfed?

Re: Have SBs been nerfed?

Here's an example, 27 years old, same settings, similar amount of times on base, attempts way down, cs% way up

https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=4714762

another guy went from 61 sb to 25 in his age 29 season, and got on base more.
    https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=4664152
    Last edited by CyMaddux31; February 9, 2019 at 04:03 PM.

I've been happy with base stealing within csfbl lately which seems to reward owners who evaluate each game's matchup of the basestealer vs the catcher/pitcher. If you look at season long stats where you were running against high HR pitchers and high AR catchers, then your caught stealing percentage should be higher and/or erratic. Also, the caught stealing percentage can be dramatically different between pitchers on the same team with the same low AR catcher.

I have a relatively slow team but in the World Series last year, I took advantage of low HR pitchers and a low AR catcher. In game 1, against an average HR pitcher (and a low AR catcher), I set the steal bases setting to 9 but nobody ran.

In game 2, against a low HR pitcher, I changed the setting to 9 and got an SB from my fastest player.

In game 3, against a superb HR pitcher, I changed the setting to 1 and nobody ran.

In game 4, against the game 1 average HR pitcher, I changed the setting to 9 and got a steal.

In game 5, I set the setting to 9 and got a steal.

3 for 3 on steals with a slow running team in the World Series with careful consideration of the matchups.
    Rivals League-Lakehead Snowy Owls-2062-69(2062,2063,2064,2065,2067,2069)
    Play for Fun-London Calling-2013
    League of Legends-Kassadin Assassins/TX BBQ-2065-Current(2065,2067,2068,2083,2096)
    Mu Omega Mu-GWANGJU SHINWOO UNIT-1989(1989)
    Front Office Baseball-Detroit Tigers-2043-55(2049),Texas Rangers-2076-79
    League of Legends-Mendoza Linerz-2022-39(2029)
    Alpha Phi Beta-Benton Roiders-9 seasons(1999,2000,2001)
    (World Series Wins are in Parenthesis)

Quote Originally Posted by BentonTim View Post
    I've been happy with base stealing within csfbl lately which seems to reward owners who evaluate each game's matchup of the basestealer vs the catcher/pitcher. If you look at season long stats where you were running against high HR pitchers and high AR catchers, then your caught stealing percentage should be higher and/or erratic. Also, the caught stealing percentage can be dramatically different between pitchers on the same team with the same low AR catcher.

I have a relatively slow team but in the World Series last year, I took advantage of low HR pitchers and a low AR catcher. In game 1, against an average HR pitcher (and a low AR catcher), I set the steal bases setting to 9 but nobody ran.

In game 2, against a low HR pitcher, I changed the setting to 9 and got an SB from my fastest player.

In game 3, against a superb HR pitcher, I changed the setting to 1 and nobody ran.

In game 4, against the game 1 average HR pitcher, I changed the setting to 9 and got a steal.

In game 5, I set the setting to 9 and got a steal.

3 for 3 on steals with a slow running team in the World Series with careful consideration of the matchups.

Yeah, I'd like to do some scouting on other teams like that, but life sometimes gets in the way. (I probably should take better look at other team's catcher arms at season's beginning at least, and ideally adjust by series)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12