Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1998 Season Discussion

Re: 1998 Season Discussion

A rematch of the 1985 World Series has two of the longest reigning managers, both have been around since very early in the league and OP Ball is the longest remaining owner in the entire league. Good to see these teams starting to come back after being the more successful teams in the 80's.

2 teams with negative point differentials are in this years WS, thats gotta be somethin for the history books aint it? Anyways congrats and GL to Walter and Misty

Misty's tanking strategy has paid quick dividends. Shows you gotta trust the process.

After 9 straight losing seasons and an 11 year playoff drought the Rats finally made it back to the series but ran out of steam. Congrats to Misty Mountain and back to the drawing board for next season...

Quote Originally Posted by gnrsss2001 View Post
    After 9 straight losing seasons and an 11 year playoff drought the Rats finally made it back to the series but ran out of steam. Congrats to Misty Mountain and back to the drawing board for next season...
    They must've been getting revenge for that sweep from 13 years ago. Congrats to Misty Mountain on their 3rd World Series.

Also, welcome Wrangler the new owner of the Winthrop Clams. Looks like we will enter 1999 with a full league again!

Congrats to OP Ball for successfully channeling Sam Hinkie.

Thanks to all, but I can deal with the reality, all three teams I defeated were better than mine. I guess the simulator loves Zeppelin as much as I do, the only reason I can think of as to why I won. Going forward however, this team should be a consistent contender with all key players 23 or younger. I do need someone to explain to me how the Koalas do not have a title! The team has been way too good not to have at least couple of titles. Wierd league. "Its been a long time since I rock and rolled," but we're back now!

Quote Originally Posted by op ball View Post
    Thanks to all, but I can deal with the reality, all three teams I defeated were better than mine. I guess the simulator loves Zeppelin as much as I do, the only reason I can think of as to why I won. Going forward however, this team should be a consistent contender with all key players 23 or younger. I do need someone to explain to me how the Koalas do not have a title! The team has been way too good not to have at least couple of titles. Wierd league. "Its been a long time since I rock and rolled," but we're back now!
    I’m moving my team to Kashmir!

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Quote Originally Posted by op ball View Post
    You seem to be "Dazed and Confused" by your success and you could be rightfully so since you were the "Black Dog" but you did the "Misty Mountain Hop" and gave "No Quarter" to your opponents. For that, you get "A Whole Lotta Love" for your achievement. I would be lying if I didn't want you to go "Over The Hills and Far Away" or "Ramble On" but I guess I'll enjoy being in the same division as you. I just wonder "How Many Times" you will best me before I get a shot. Your "Presence" is daunting but I can only hope "When the Levee Breaks" I will be on top.

Quote Originally Posted by gsigmon0221 View Post
    I’m moving my team to Kashmir!

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL
    Haha, you beat me. I'm glad I didn't use Kashmir

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast