Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1998 Season Discussion

Re: 1998 Season Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    Haha, you beat me. I'm glad I didn't use Kashmir
    In my arrogant opinion, the top 100 songs of all time includes every Led Zeppelin song except "The Crunge." What were they thinking? Top 5:

Stairway to Heaven
    Kashmir (both are 1)
    Purple Haze (Hendrix)
    Roll n Roll
    Since I've been loving you (Page makes the guitar cry, the perfect solo)
    Last edited by op ball; February 12, 2019 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    You seem to be "Dazed and Confused" by your success and you could be rightfully so since you were the "Black Dog" but you did the "Misty Mountain Hop" and gave "No Quarter" to your opponents. For that, you get "A Whole Lotta Love" for your achievement. I would be lying if I didn't want you to go "Over The Hills and Far Away" or "Ramble On" but I guess I'll enjoy being in the same division as you. I just wonder "How Many Times" you will best me before I get a shot. Your "Presence" is daunting but I can only hope "When the Levee Breaks" I will be on top.
    Well, I may have been first, but you get the prize for most references! :-)

Bah, we weren't the better team. We overachieved greatly in the regular season. Our old team won't be able to keep up with you young whippersnappers in Misty Mountain. Just be nice and let Robert Taylor pad his stats against you.

The Koalas got their first Hall of Famer at the end of the year as John Grisby makes it in after being snubbed from a first year induction. While he is starting to slide down the all time leaderboards, he was the offensive star of the Koalas teams from 1981-1995 and is still the all time playoff leader in walks, runs scored, and sits 3rd all time in playoff games played. A 10 time all-star and 4 time silver slugger, Grisby was one of my personal favorite players as his blend of power, patience and speed (which deteriorated rather quickly) was just fun to watch as the stats piled up.

Good to see Douglas Keeton get the recognition he deserves from the HOF voters. He joins his buddy Raymond Elliot as the first two Quicksteps in the Hall. Keeton's 74 HRs in 1991 is a single-season record that might never be toppled. He smashed Elliot's record of 68 set four years earlier.
    Last edited by AndyG; February 12, 2019 at 03:50 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234