Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2039 Season

2039 Season

Other than losing CF Jose Hall Reidsville returns everyone from a season ago. Although Albert Quiroz wont replace Hall's offense, he should be a slight upgrade in the field.

Reidsville will also add rookies SP Norman Hanner and P Richard Dunn to the staff. Big things are expected from Hanner. Hanner and James Gauthier will make a potent 1-2 punch.
    When the expectations are so low, you cant possibly lose.

Re: 2039 Season

SS Michael Garrett and P Douglas Kahler are up this year. 2B Alex Olivas takes over at 2B, but he's more of a glove man. They replace 2B James Mayes, SS William Davis, and P Sean Holbrook.

Mayes was starting to decline; it was time to cut him loose. But he did do well enough to earn an extension at 28. Olivas is a downgrade, but he's passable. In Davis, I'm losing a fair bit of defense, but Garrett's bat should more than make up for it. Holbrook was a great pitcher for me and I'll miss him, but Kahler has a lot of potential.
    "There are two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Philip Segura was Cargill's only significant free agent signing. The rest of my holes were filled with rookies (CF, 2B and 5th starter). So far the team has failed to show up for the season with a 1-9 start. I may become a seller rather quickly.

The first month of the season was an exciting one for Tucson! We went 16-9 and are hopefully on our way to ending our streak of 4 consecutive non-winning seasons. Free agent acquisitions P Quintin Speth and P Alvin Arbogast have been magnificent.
    Curent Teams
    Xtra Bases - Santa Fe Scorpions since 2047 - 33 seasons
    PGML - Tucson Roadrunners since 2024 - 15 seasons
    Retired Teams
    MLB Mideastern - Milwaukee Brewers 2071-2083 --- 2076 World Series Champs and 4 time Runner-Up

Man. I had arbogast for a few seasons and kept putting him at the top of my rotation. He then let me down every year. Goes to show how much defense helps. My team is getting there. This has been a tough “rebuilding “ period for Cadillac. My team did the same thing last year having a good record halfway through. Hopefully this year I can at least make the playoffs and next year have a solid team

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL

Quote Originally Posted by bigtank2000 View Post
    Man. I had arbogast for a few seasons and kept putting him at the top of my rotation. He then let me down every year. Goes to show how much defense helps. My team is getting there. This has been a tough “rebuilding “ period for Cadillac. My team did the same thing last year having a good record halfway through. Hopefully this year I can at least make the playoffs and next year have a solid team

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL
    Yep. I'd say 1B is my only position where I'm not at least average on defense.
    Curent Teams
    Xtra Bases - Santa Fe Scorpions since 2047 - 33 seasons
    PGML - Tucson Roadrunners since 2024 - 15 seasons
    Retired Teams
    MLB Mideastern - Milwaukee Brewers 2071-2083 --- 2076 World Series Champs and 4 time Runner-Up

Cargill has been over .500 since their 1-11 start and have a positive rDiff on the season, but still find ourselves in last place. We are 0-6 in extra inning games. My rookie hitters have done nothing, Segura hasn't been any better than the cut Todd Rojas was and my rookie pitcher is merely adequate. I'm very open to selling if anyone is buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    Cargill has been over .500 since their 1-11 start and have a positive rDiff on the season, but still find ourselves in last place. We are 0-6 in extra inning games. My rookie hitters have done nothing, Segura hasn't been any better than the cut Todd Rojas was and my rookie pitcher is merely adequate. I'm very open to selling if anyone is buying.
    The Trump division is going to be tough. Everyone appears to be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by grwatts View Post
    The Trump division is going to be tough. Everyone appears to be decent.
    The entire Trump division has a positive rDiff and a winning record outside the division.

Qingdao 10 game win streak but not gaining much Going to be a fun playoff race

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast