Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: 2039 Season

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Classic League
    Posts
    15,580

    2039 Season

    Other than losing CF Jose Hall Reidsville returns everyone from a season ago. Although Albert Quiroz wont replace Hall's offense, he should be a slight upgrade in the field.

    Reidsville will also add rookies SP Norman Hanner and P Richard Dunn to the staff. Big things are expected from Hanner. Hanner and James Gauthier will make a potent 1-2 punch.
    When the expectations are so low, you cant possibly lose.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,296

    Re: 2039 Season

    SS Michael Garrett and P Douglas Kahler are up this year. 2B Alex Olivas takes over at 2B, but he's more of a glove man. They replace 2B James Mayes, SS William Davis, and P Sean Holbrook.

    Mayes was starting to decline; it was time to cut him loose. But he did do well enough to earn an extension at 28. Olivas is a downgrade, but he's passable. In Davis, I'm losing a fair bit of defense, but Garrett's bat should more than make up for it. Holbrook was a great pitcher for me and I'll miss him, but Kahler has a lot of potential.
    "There are two things that are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: 2039 Season

    Philip Segura was Cargill's only significant free agent signing. The rest of my holes were filled with rookies (CF, 2B and 5th starter). So far the team has failed to show up for the season with a 1-9 start. I may become a seller rather quickly.

  4. #4

    Re: 2039 Season

    The first month of the season was an exciting one for Tucson! We went 16-9 and are hopefully on our way to ending our streak of 4 consecutive non-winning seasons. Free agent acquisitions P Quintin Speth and P Alvin Arbogast have been magnificent.
    Curent Teams
    Xtra Bases - Santa Fe Scorpions since 2047 - 33 seasons
    PGML - Tucson Roadrunners since 2024 - 15 seasons
    Retired Teams
    MLB Mideastern - Milwaukee Brewers 2071-2083 --- 2076 World Series Champs and 4 time Runner-Up

  5. #5

    Re: 2039 Season

    Man. I had arbogast for a few seasons and kept putting him at the top of my rotation. He then let me down every year. Goes to show how much defense helps. My team is getting there. This has been a tough “rebuilding “ period for Cadillac. My team did the same thing last year having a good record halfway through. Hopefully this year I can at least make the playoffs and next year have a solid team


    Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL

  6. #6

    Re: 2039 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtank2000 View Post
    Man. I had arbogast for a few seasons and kept putting him at the top of my rotation. He then let me down every year. Goes to show how much defense helps. My team is getting there. This has been a tough “rebuilding “ period for Cadillac. My team did the same thing last year having a good record halfway through. Hopefully this year I can at least make the playoffs and next year have a solid team


    Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL
    Yep. I'd say 1B is my only position where I'm not at least average on defense.
    Curent Teams
    Xtra Bases - Santa Fe Scorpions since 2047 - 33 seasons
    PGML - Tucson Roadrunners since 2024 - 15 seasons
    Retired Teams
    MLB Mideastern - Milwaukee Brewers 2071-2083 --- 2076 World Series Champs and 4 time Runner-Up

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: 2039 Season

    Cargill has been over .500 since their 1-11 start and have a positive rDiff on the season, but still find ourselves in last place. We are 0-6 in extra inning games. My rookie hitters have done nothing, Segura hasn't been any better than the cut Todd Rojas was and my rookie pitcher is merely adequate. I'm very open to selling if anyone is buying.

  8. #8

    Re: 2039 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
    Cargill has been over .500 since their 1-11 start and have a positive rDiff on the season, but still find ourselves in last place. We are 0-6 in extra inning games. My rookie hitters have done nothing, Segura hasn't been any better than the cut Todd Rojas was and my rookie pitcher is merely adequate. I'm very open to selling if anyone is buying.
    The Trump division is going to be tough. Everyone appears to be decent.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: 2039 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by grwatts View Post
    The Trump division is going to be tough. Everyone appears to be decent.
    The entire Trump division has a positive rDiff and a winning record outside the division.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    50,408

    Re: 2039 Season

    Qingdao 10 game win streak but not gaining much Going to be a fun playoff race

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •