Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Rent's Expansion Draft Idea

  1. #1

    Rent's Expansion Draft Idea

    We should have held an expansion draft for rando.

    1. We hold a 1 round, 23 team draft in the same order as the amateur draft. Each team selects 1 player from the old Elmwood roster.
    2. The 23 other teams all protect, idk, 10 players from their rosters.
    3. Rando selects 1 unprotected player from each roster.

    There. He gets a clean slate and fresh start. I would want to run the numbers a bit to figure out the ideal # of protected players.

    I'm not joking, this would be fun. I think it's too late now since step 1 would give someone basically two #1 picks in a year w/ the dragon. But we could easily do this of there is a new St Vincent owner.

    Or we give Cali to a new owner and make rando do this w/ st Vincent. He gets his true fresh start and dead ball gets a very intense owner.

    **** I love this idea

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Throne of Authority
    Posts
    22,272

    Rent's Expansion Draft Idea

    I actually like this idea too. It spurs participation and it is fresh.
    Joke? In't he that dude, disguised as a dude, playin' that other dude, bruh?

    "Swerve. That dude is totally turnt."

    "Right?!?! He's crunk, Bruh!

  3. #3

    Re: Rando Season 1

    I'd consider this rule only if pre-season FA was turned on for one run and new owner couldn't participate

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    50,379

    Re: Rando Season 1

    Quote Originally Posted by rentforfree2790 View Post
    We should have held an expansion draft for rando.

    1. We hold a 1 round, 23 team draft in the same order as the amateur draft. Each team selects 1 player from the old Elmwood roster.
    2. The 23 other teams all protect, idk, 10 players from their rosters.
    3. Rando selects 1 unprotected player from each roster.

    There. He gets a clean slate and fresh start. I would want to run the numbers a bit to figure out the ideal # of protected players.

    I'm not joking, this would be fun. I think it's too late now since step 1 would give someone basically two #1 picks in a year w/ the dragon. But we could easily do this of there is a new St Vincent owner.

    Or we give Cali to a new owner and make rando do this w/ st Vincent. He gets his true fresh start and dead ball gets a very intense owner.

    **** I love this idea
    i love #2 and #3 as is. And that wouldn't take long at all.

    #1 could realllly benefit the first teams. Would like to apply the expansion draft to the 3/9 and 4/16 rules somehow. i'm working this out in my head.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    50,379

    Re: Rando Season 1

    Quote Originally Posted by RayRazor View Post
    I'd consider this rule only if pre-season FA was turned on for one run and new owner couldn't participate
    is this idea because you feel the new owner is getting too much value?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    50,379

    Rent's Expansion Draft Idea

    i had to move rent's original post to avoid disrupting the space/time continuum
    Last edited by andujar; January 11, 2019 at 10:59 AM.

  7. #7

    Re: Rando Season 1

    #1 only works with the current St Vincent roster. Alternately, #1 is not needed with the current St Vincent roster since there are around 10 players on that team that would get picked up and actually played if dropped into FA. I'm shuddering at who I would take with the #22 pick since I think even the low-sal guys would be gone.

    The current Cali roster would cause problems if chopped up, since they're not the worst team in league history.

    Legit prefer something like this no matter who if we change StV this offseason, since it would be dropping an owner in with at best like an oldish 60 win level team right now, and active draft penalties in the future.
    Last edited by rentforfree2790; January 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM.

  8. #8

    Re: Rando Season 1

    Quote Originally Posted by andujar View Post
    is this idea because you feel the new owner is getting too much value?
    Yep
    e.g. 4/4/2.. as a rough breakdown, meaning protect 5 or 4 positional players, protect 3 or 4 pitchers, protect 2 prospects...

    Now look at all the other team rosters and apply that above template or something similar... and viola, you'd be able to construct a PO potential team in ONE 'draft' process

    You'd also have to consider a 'trade freeze' so folks couldn't 'protect' themselves by offsetting an asset into a pick...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    50,379

    Re: Rent's Expansion Draft Idea

    The Elmwood roster when team changed hands would have likely worked though.

    from a new owner perspective, they would be losing any superstars they have, but gaining a quite deep team. Choices may vary but 9 starting position player, 5 pitchers, 8 prospects is not a bad situation.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,143

    Re: Rando Season 1

    Yes please!
    Happy, but a little lost
    Well, I don't know what I don't know so I'll kick my shoes off &run
     
    2016: 3,437-3,070 (.528) ~ 4 WS
    2017: 8,035-6,518 (.552) ~ 8 WS
    2018: 6,226-5,522 (.530) ~ 7 WS
    2019: 1 WS


    LEGJuan More Inning(2033-)2045, 2046, 2047, 2051, 2054
    DodgersCalifornia Beach Bums(1950-)1953, 1955, 1966
    GOATUnderpants Gnomes(1994-)1997, 1998
    TCLMisty Mountain Hoppers(2101-)2109
    WBCVenezuela(1925-1932,1937-)1925, 1928, 1930, 1937
    TDDSilver Lake(2104-) 
    CarL-2022, 2027, 2031, 2032
    TML-1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1972, 1976, 1983, 1984
    Sweet-1886, 1888, 1891, 1892, 1897, 1898, 1900
    AA-2100 | ThrowB-2018 | TP-1983 | BD-2038 | AAA-2101

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •