Thread: Pride is wanting to make a splash

Pride is wanting to make a splash

I've got some pieces but I need to form a team. Are you in need of something I have? Young or old, if you can make it worth my while, send an offer. I'd like to break even on a trade once in a while.

Re: Pride is wanting to make a splash

Let me be clear. I'm not trying to give away players just to force a rebiuld, not this time. Serious offers, please. I'd hope I'd have built up more cred by now.

OK, maybe I'll just make this a bit easier.

If the player is 31 or older a second round pick will likely get him.

Cedillo will take more. He's just 30, has a career .900 OPS and hit topped 1.000 for me last season. Good range also (78). A first round pick doesn't seem too much to ask.

Dantonio will also take more. He is just 25 and still has room to grow. A first round pick would be nice as he was #13 in his draft and has already proven to be a hitter.

Guys like Sarmeinto and Privette will fall somewhere in-between (they both have 99+ RA). Defense is valuable, you all know this. Give me something of value. Be creative.

Walter is also going to take a bit more, he is just 28 and very effective for his salary point. Kevin Garcia I'd be willing to deal as well, though his is young (24).

Anybody else on the active roster likely won't take much, a 2nd rounder and your salary fodder might net more than one (depending on who, of course).

If you want someone in my AAA or LM, try to be reasonable. Don't offer the #47 pick for a former 1st rounder you like. Also, give credit for the time I've spent developing them. Granted, if they are older (24+) I'm more likely to deal them though I could be ready to bring them up. Morgan, Williams, Marker and Benham will be easier to acquire. Bergeron and Lafayette I'm not really looking to deal though the latter is more available. The LM pitchers are something I could trade for the right return but Bonner is not one I'm shopping. Scott and Carollo will need more than the others of course but they could be had for the right price.

These are guidelines, ultimately I'll judge the offer and try to make a fair assessment. I'm not looking to take on your crap unless a decent pick or prospect is involved. Go ahead, give it another go. We can make this happen.

OK, first deal has been made. Since picks were included I was more apt to accept. Come find your piece before another team gets it.

One other thing I could help with is low-salary fodder. If you need help getting allocations maybe we can strike a deal for a 2nd round pick. I've done it in the past and its often worth the effort.

Nice dealing with you again Rycky!!!!

Thank you Phil.

The Pride has acquired the overall #1 pick for this year's draft and I will entertain offers for it and/or any of my other picks. I'm not looking for 30-somethings or AAA players. I'd be willing to trade down a little or the like. I'd also consider moving up from #17, I have a few things I can move (picks and/or players). If you think of something maybe we can make it work.