Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2136 Season discussion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

2136 Season discussion

First off I assigned traded draft picks for this season.

2nd my #4 pitcher, young Billy Gibbons throw an unexpected no hitter in game 8 of the season
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids
    Brockmire League- Philadelphia Stars

Re: 2136 Season discussion

Nice. In other news, the Tigers need to rebuild. The offense is too old, and our drafts have been crap the last few years. Everyone is up for grabs.
    Current
    MLB Remake-D. Tigers-1976-2059 and 2088- WS:2-1
    MLB Classic-Det Tigers-1993-2076 and 2125- WS:3-3
    Justice-W.M. Whitecaps 2093- WS:1-0
    League of Legends-T.C. Walking Dead 2077- WS:0-2
    League of Champions-M. Marlins 2066- WS:3-0
    Brockmire League-Det Wolverines 1981- WS:2-0
    Past

Coors Field-Dodgers WS:7-2
    MLB Remake AAA WS:0-1
    MLB Remake AA WS:2-0
    Justice-C.B. Bonds 2042-2058 WS:1-1
    PGML-Musk. Clippers 2033-2037 WS:0-1
    Tilted Tables-Pilots 1991- WS:2-6

In '32 KC took an 81 win team to the WS and lost to Cinn, a year later the team improved to 90+ wins and won the championship maybe a little ahead of schedule. Still some prospects due to come up but a core still good enough to get it done. Over the past 2 seasons that team has come together and also with additions via trade yet the final result has been disappointing. With the Mets and a few others on the rise KC hopes that all of these building efforts wont go without a championship but its always a possibility. 112 wins last season meant nothing come playoffs time.

So for 2136 the team went on a bit of a limb and let go of a pretty good bat Miles Palacio who spent most of his time as a DH. A regular 30 HR hitter seemed expendable when the team saw Sam Frey on the market, a solid .290's hitter that would play a strong CF. It improved the team both ways at the position and it saved the team about 2M in much needed cap space. The void at DH would be filled by aging SS Mitch Ruark who doesnt have the same power as Palacio but is a much better top of the order bat. Ruark was easy to move now that David Burg is fully developed at SS and carries a high RA at the position even though he wont hit, he also has a weak glove but the RA should compensate.

The team had some money left over for allocations which was desperately needed and was able to grab a nice SP for the middle of the rotation after 4/1 on Lee Denton who has been great in his first 4 starts. Billy Gibbons is 7-0 in his 2nd season with the team, while Albert is off to his usual stellar start. Champion had a shaky start to the season but has leveled off and currently is 4-1 with an ERA just over 3.

The overall result is a 27-6 record to start when last season we were 18-15 at the same point. The team is really balanced offensively, not hitting loads of HRs but team BA is .285 but the whole lineup is in DDs in RBI and all but 1 is in DDs in BBs. Lots of players getting on base causing plenty of scoring chances.
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids

Cleveland has new ownership. Vet CSFBLer superbigred1960 takes over
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids

Where did this Arizona playoff team come from? Houston is down 0-3 in the division series, after going up on the D'backs in the regular season by seven games. I guess that's what happens when the other team has $17+ million invested in its top three starters. Rumor has it that Arizona's bullpen has set up cots so the relievers can sleep through games....

We are looking for this humiliation to end quickly so plans can be made for next season.

Reminder: Houston is selling everyone currently age 26+ (age 27+ at the start of next season). We plan to start rebuilding now before Arizona's three aces get old enough to grow beards.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Where did this Arizona playoff team come from? Houston is down 0-3 in the division series, after going up on the D'backs in the regular season by seven games. I guess that's what happens when the other team has $17+ million invested in its top three starters. Rumor has it that Arizona's bullpen has set up cots so the relievers can sleep through games....

We are looking for this humiliation to end quickly so plans can be made for next season.

Reminder: Houston is selling everyone currently age 26+ (age 27+ at the start of next season). We plan to start rebuilding now before Arizona's three aces get old enough to grow beards.
    Directly from 2134
    I want something good to die for to make it beautiful to live. I want a new mistake, loose is more than hesitate

Well done... keeping my team to four runs in four games... hard to loose that way

Best of luck the rest of the playoffs!

I'll lose next round
    I want something good to die for to make it beautiful to live. I want a new mistake, loose is more than hesitate

Jdub cleans my clock again, he clearly has put together a team that is my kryptonite. An to top it off he gets a No-No in game 3.
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids

Congrats to AZ Cats and his Baltimore Orioles on the championship. Was a little surprised, i guess I didnt pay attention to his 94 win season. 8-1 through first 2 rounds the comes back from the dead down 3-2 to win in 7.
    PGML Cuban's Sharks
    KBL Buntsville Squeeze
    BD Philly Whiz Kids

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast