Thread: 1994 Winter Meetings

1994 Winter Meetings

Post your thoughts on the new season including highlites of roster moves you’re contemplating, upcoming milestones, managerial rants etc.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Re: 1994 Winter Meetings

Despite the success of last season, Oakland plans to continue on with plans to rebuild.

So to that point most if not all of my roster is available for trade. That means some all star players that are not 30 years of age are available for the right offer.
    25-8 World Series Record

Flatland is in total disarray.

The focus has turned from winning a World Series to just winning some games and watching 2 milestones happening.
    James McBride is 41 HRs away from 500 and Jeffery Galvan is 14 Wins from 200.

With the unceremonious dump of the overpriced Vasquez, the payroll is back to a manageable level so the team won't be eating oatmeal 3 times a day.

I'm sure the team will have a whole new cast of characters before we make another run at a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    Flatland is in total disarray.

The focus has turned from winning a World Series to just winning some games and watching 2 milestones happening.
    James McBride is 41 HRs away from 500 and Jeffery Galvan is 14 Wins from 200.

With the unceremonious dump of the overpriced Vasquez, the payroll is back to a manageable level so the team won't be eating oatmeal 3 times a day.

I'm sure the team will have a whole new cast of characters before we make another run at a title.
    Don’t worry about Vasquez, Georgia fresh off a flip that saw significant skill and salary decline, had money to spend and wrestled him away from division rival Lauder. So we’ll throw our money at him and see if he produces.

Georgia also cut some mainstays like Louis Hernandez, Busby and potentially Scott Jones - the league’s all time leader in HRs (587) and RBIs (1485). Interestingly, Jones as it stands now, is not a HOF candidate (score <38) at age 37. If I can keep him, I’d like to get him 600 HRs and 1500 RBIs and see if those milestones move the needle. If not, I’m sure somebody will pick him up. He’s still a 35 + HR guy.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Vasquez isn't bad, but his price was too much for Flatland. We wish him well. He helped in our quest for a title so I am hoping he can have a good ending to his career. He actually lost $2 mil from last years salary so maybe you got a bargain!

McBride is chasing down Scott and a few other guys for the all-time HR title. He's quite a bit younger than the leaders so I'm fairly confident he will be the bar to catch in several seasons.