Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee?> Key Largo

Milwaukee?> Key Largo

As it's unowned, there are a lot of players >23 moldering away in LMs.
    Should we call them up?
    As a means of avoiding arbitrary decisions, put the highest $ players in the lineup?

Also, name change? To something that is a rival to others in the division. It was originally the Port Coquitlam White Sox. That, or a Florida name (Key Largo White Sox, for ex.) given the other teams? Btw, the custom at one time, was to have the team be an MLB team, wherever it was located. ; )

Going to have to move 3 up to at least AAA anyway, so as to not screw up the draft.

Reminder: 3 other teams have >17 in LMs , at the moment.

Re: Milwaukee?

Quote Originally Posted by beanballer43 View Post
    As it's unowned, there are a lot of players >23 moldering away in LMs.
    Should we call them up?
    As a means of avoiding arbitrary decisions, put the highest $ players in the lineup?

Also, name change? To something that is a rival to others in the division. It was originally the Port Coquitlam White Sox. That, or a Florida name (Key Largo White Sox, for ex.) given the other teams? Btw, the custom at one time, was to have the team be an MLB team, wherever it was located. ; )

Going to have to move 3 up to at least AAA anyway, so as to not screw up the draft.

Reminder: 3 other teams have >17 in LMs , at the moment.
    I make them as decent as possible so yes i move up any 23 from lm to start or aaa and any in aaa over 26 i either put in lineup or waiver if there junk. After looking at them i move the entire minors to majors so they get some time most are well old enough to start and the active are older most not too good. Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Showtime870; December 7, 2018 at 07:29 PM.

I'd bring up Martinez, Jones, Lyons, Jahnsson, Thomas, Stevenson for sure. Dump Harris ,Tracey, Licata, Matheson, Moore, and (pick one).....Throw Stevenson at 3B to get him in the line up. just my thoughts.

I agree we should do something. Beanballer, would you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Park View Post
    I agree we should do something. Beanballer, would you do it?
    OK
    They're into the 2nd batch of division games. I'll do it after they play the last one, vs Eureka, just to make it even for all .
    Last edited by beanballer43; December 11, 2018 at 06:12 PM.

Done .
    At the start of the season there was ~$42M in LM.
    Let's see how the Nine-Million-Dollar Man(Javier Tucker) & crew do .

As of right now :
    Key Largo White Sox
    W18 L39 W%.316 GB 15.0 L103–7 Div12–23 Home9–18 Away9–21 RF243 RA361 Diff.-118

Quote Originally Posted by grumpdaddy View Post
    I'd bring up Martinez, Jones, Lyons, Jahnsson, Thomas, Stevenson for sure. Dump Harris ,Tracey, Licata, Matheson, Moore, and (pick one).....Throw Stevenson at 3B to get him in the line up. just my thoughts.
    More-or-less what I did. The only exception being Tracy. He has a lifetime OBP of .379, & a respectable .263 AVG which is exactly what he's hitting now. Defense sucks, but by the time the penalties are subtracted from Stevenson(C), he'd be close to Tracey.

Rutledge the other C only has 39EN, so made him the DH, & start Stevenson at C. Flipped them vs LHP just to give Stevenson some rest. Martinez has 93/100 RA, so should make up for the statue at 3rd.
    The draft pick they're getting this year might be good enough to replace Tracy right away. Have to look at it once he is on the team, if nobody has it by then.
    For now, Thibodeau spells Tracy vs LHP. He would be a good long-term replacement, with RA in low 80s, after conversion, albeit with a mediocre bat.

The shortcoming in this team's lineup is low EN, with 4 starters in the 40s & Tracy at 56. With that in mind , I favored Jordan(C) ,Ralph(SS), & Thibodeau(SS) for bench, over the 2Bs that are currently in AA, 2 of which are in the Tracy mold(but worse) : some bat, weak defense, & low EN. Lopez has above-average defense but not much bat.

Pitching ? After Tucker & Kim it's suspect. Given the sorry state of the lineup over the last few seasons, it's hard to judge. Some of them with high #s at least have a high GO/FO ratio, so some hope for them with a better defense behind them. A new owner will at least have some extra pieces to trade for some pitching/picks.

Prediction : 60-65(-ish)wins the rest of the way , to finish at ~.500 +/-. At least somebody else should get a crack at the top pick next year.
    Last edited by beanballer43; December 27, 2018 at 02:19 PM.

Great Job Beanballer! Thanks!

Re: Milwaukee?> Key Largo

The now-named Houston Haze actually cracked .500 at 72-71 before losing the last game 7-0 (new game in 15 minutes). So, it seems your prediction was pretty good. I did change a few things but not all that much. I resisted the temptation to call up Ferrell, despite his age.

The best part? Houston actually has a chance for the postseason, they are just 2 games out (though five teams all have a shot at it so it might be tough to break through).
    Last edited by RyckyRych; December 26, 2018 at 03:49 PM.

Re: Milwaukee?> Key Largo

Now 79-72. By the end of June, I could see that it would likely be better than .500, & that they have a shot at winning it all. Definitely a worrisome prospect for any playoff opponent . The pitching has come around, for the most part. Had my doubts about the Rutledge trade ( & now Brooklyn has him. :0 ) , but that has worked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast