Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All Star Snubs + Season Review

All Star Snubs + Season Review

Post your All-Star snubs and season reviews

My snub:

2B - Dustin Powell -- .290, 37 HR, 114 RBI, 43 2B, 95 R, 16 SB, MVP candidate for the last few months of the season
    0 All Star appearances despite a 4 year Per 160 of 39 HR + 117 RBI

Players chosen over DP:
    2B - Tyler Ward -- .316, 19 HR, 62 RBI, 33 2B, 96 R, 2 SB
    2B - Stuart Hatch -- .269, 34 HR, 81 RBI, 20 2B, 92 R, 1 SB

Overall it was a successful but ultimately disappointing year for Calgary. Our long list of prospects have begun filling the major league roster and the team posted it's best record in over 10 years. A late season collapse cost us a playoff birth however. Our pitching has improved but is still a large weakness.

See you next year!
    Last edited by DockEllis; December 5, 2018 at 01:46 PM.

Re: All Star Snubs + Season Review

Quote Originally Posted by DockEllis View Post

My snub:

2B - Dustin Powell -- .290, 37 HR, 114 RBI, 43 2B, 95 R, 16 SB, MVP candidate for the last few months of the season
    0 All Star appearances despite a 4 year Per 160 of 39 HR + 117 RBI

Players chosen over DP:
    2B - Tyler Ward -- .316, 19 HR, 62 RBI, 33 2B, 96 R, 2 SB
    2B - Stuart Hatch -- .269, 34 HR, 81 RBI, 20 2B, 92 R, 1 SB

Overall it was a successful but ultimately disappointing year for Calgary. Our long list of prospects have begun filling the major league roster and the team posted it's best record in over 10 years. A late season collapse cost us a playoff birth however. Our pitching has improved but is still a large weakness.

See you next year!
    Wow it’s heartbreaking to get snubbed like that. Maybe he will at least get Silver Slugger.
    Geo

(XB) Champaign Chippawassapacans - 2060, 2062, 2063, 2078
    (TT) Lincoln Railsplitters - 2026, 2029
    (LoL) The World Powers - 2086, 2088
    (CarL) ****burn Town Scurvy - 2037
    (CBF) Loves Park Hillbillies -
    (GOAT III) Tomato Town Looters - 2005

Looks like Queensland and USSR had quite the Game 7
    https://www.csfbl.com/game/boxscore.asp?gameid=40494499
    Curent Teams
    Xtra Bases - Santa Fe Scorpions since 2047 - 32 seasons
    PGML - Tucson Roadrunners since 2024 - 14 seasons
    Retired Teams
    MLB Mideastern - Milwaukee Brewers 2071-2083 --- 2076 World Series Champs and 4 time Runner-Up

That was an insane deciding game.

Looks like Death Valley is storming through the playoffs again

Death Valley vs Champaign, Round 3
    Curent Teams
    Retired Teams
    MLB Mideastern - Milwaukee Brewers 2071-2083 --- 2076 World Series Champs and 4 time Runner-Up

Quote Originally Posted by DockEllis View Post
    My Scorpions squad essentially had a repeat of last year. This year we went 90-70, lost in 5 games to Champaign. Last year we went 95-65, lost to Champaign in 5 games.
    Differences:
    Last year 1B King Reggie stole the MVP at the last minute from Crank Williams, this year Crank (deservedly) took home the honors
    Last year P Jimmy Waldron was establishing himself as an elite pitcher, this year he brought home the Cy Young.
    Defensive-minded SS Bennie Farley out of nowhere went nuts with the bat (for a SS) and won a Silver Slugger.
    2B Dylan Cooper followed up his Rookie of the Year campaign with a 2nd straight All-Star selection and a 1st Silver Slugger.
    Longtime Scorpions 3B Jesse Hopkins and CF Tyler Cohen, with a combined 26 years of experience, gave it their last go-round before likely being replaced by call-ups from Low Minors next year. Cohen saw playoff action in '64, '66, and '68, while Hopkins arrived in time for the '68 playoffs.
    Overall the year was a bit of a struggle. We were under .500 as late into the season as mid-June and we were tied with Huntington Beach for the last playoff spot as late as August 12. A playoff appearance is nothing to be complaining about, but, with personal expectations going into the year of matching or bettering last years 95 wins and giving Champaign more than a 5 game series, it was not the step forward that I had hoped for in Year 2 of a competitive window.
    Curent Teams
    Retired Teams

Great writeup guys. Some good up and coming teams

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield2958 View Post
    Death Valley vs Champaign, Round 3
    oh lord. get me the rolaids or pepto.
    Geo

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield2958 View Post
    My Scorpions squad essentially had a repeat of last year. This year we went 90-70, lost in 5 games to Champaign. Last year we went 95-65, lost to Champaign in 5 games.
    Differences:
    Last year 1B King Reggie stole the MVP at the last minute from Crank Williams, this year Crank (deservedly) took home the honors
    Last year P Jimmy Waldron was establishing himself as an elite pitcher, this year he brought home the Cy Young.
    Defensive-minded SS Bennie Farley out of nowhere went nuts with the bat (for a SS) and won a Silver Slugger.
    2B Dylan Cooper followed up his Rookie of the Year campaign with a 2nd straight All-Star selection and a 1st Silver Slugger.
    Longtime Scorpions 3B Jesse Hopkins and CF Tyler Cohen, with a combined 26 years of experience, gave it their last go-round before likely being replaced by call-ups from Low Minors next year. Cohen saw playoff action in '64, '66, and '68, while Hopkins arrived in time for the '68 playoffs.
    Overall the year was a bit of a struggle. We were under .500 as late into the season as mid-June and we were tied with Huntington Beach for the last playoff spot as late as August 12. A playoff appearance is nothing to be complaining about, but, with personal expectations going into the year of matching or bettering last years 95 wins and giving Champaign more than a 5 game series, it was not the step forward that I had hoped for in Year 2 of a competitive window.
    other than the 7-2 game, each one was decided by 2 runs or less. that kind of series can go either way. i hope my luck doesnt run out against Death Valley, I'll need it.
    Geo

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemensClub View Post
    other than the 7-2 game, each one was decided by 2 runs or less. that kind of series can go either way. i hope my luck doesnt run out against Death Valley, I'll need it.
    Always tough to win series vs that type of build

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast