Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2109 Season Discussion

Re: 2109 Season Discussion

Mobile Bay takes out the Missions in round 2. Good luck to club owner Fywicks in the World Series

Quote Originally Posted by jimch11 View Post
    Mobile Bay takes out the Missions in round 2. Good luck to club owner Fywicks in the World Series
    Thanks!

I'm sure San Antonio will be a contender for years to come. Mobile management did not expect to get to the World Series this year....

And we now find ourselves playing a 7th game for the championship versus Reading. 2 very good pitchers will be facing off for all the marbles. The interesting thing (and Mobile can only hope it continues) is that all 6 games, so far, have been won by the road team.

Great World Series battle. Congrats to the Bears.
    "He slides into second with a stand-up double."- Jerry Coleman

Congrats to Fyewiks and the Mobile Bay Bears! When I couldn't finish the series in game 6, I knew I was in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtowntiger View Post
    Congrats to Fyewiks and the Mobile Bay Bears! When I couldn't finish the series in game 6, I knew I was in trouble.
    That was a crucial one for Mobile. The best pitchers for us were not ready to go. I went with a decent, low energy guy and prayed for offense. He responded with a pretty good, short outing. The amazing thing was the bullpen didn't implode.

Going into game 7, I sure wasn't confident since Jenkins had bested Pigford in game 4. I came out on top but I'm sure if either of those games were played numerous times, Reading would win the majority. I guess sometimes it really is better to be lucky than good!

109 years is a long time to wait for a franchises next championship. The party was epic in Mobile!

I had a plan when I took over the Bay Bears. I didn't know how long it would take but it was to win a championship then hand the team over to someone else. Leave a decent franchise for someone to have fun and move up to AAA to begin another quest. I still want to take the plunge to AAA but since there are 4 unowned teams in AA, I'm considering holding onto the team although it might be tough since it will be one more team than I'm truly comfortable with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12