Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Season Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by G Sparks View Post
    Impressive, my guess is two reasons. One, his last four years as a starter he managed to stay above the .600 OPS threshold. And two, since then he's played enough to not retire, without accumulating enough awful hitting stats to retire either.
    There's really no consistency in this area, it's pretty random but for it to happen in a sprint really stings with no backup plan, Maybe Groce will play into his 40's lol

Re: 2006 Season Discussion

Yeah, there is no defined rule, which is why hitting you twice so quickly is so unfortunate. At the very least, Groce owes it to you to make it into his 40s without being a huge liability now.

Boer RD vs Alpine RD. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by drmeyer87 View Post
    Boer RD vs Alpine RD. Yikes.
    Last place in Boer is a half game ahead of 1st place in Alpine in the standings. What is going on here?

Damn you Grove Street Families(SHAKING FIST IN THE AIR). Got swept including 2 of 3 being decided by 1 run!
    TML-San Francisco Giants(1963-current) 1970, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1977,1978,1979
    BD-Hill Valley Bulldogs(2032-current)2045
    CWS-Florida Gators(1977-current)
    Dodgers Baseball-Grandy Man(1950-Current)1951,1955
    TCB-St.Louis Browns(1982-current)1992,1993,1994, 1997
    WBC-Israel Ha Khoolim Levanim(1925-current-Moneyball Division)1932
    LEG-SMart Boomsticks(2048-current)
    GOAT-Sioux Falls Storm(1997-current)
    Cardinals Fans-Springfield Sultans(2092-current)2092,2094
    LOC-Washington Senators(2071-current)2071

8-10 WS Record All-Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cerb81 View Post
    Damn you Grove Street Families(SHAKING FIST IN THE AIR). Got swept including 2 of 3 being decided by 1 run!
    Smart move Cerb, in fact you should complain about your team incessantly and they'll be forced to turn it around eventually. It worked for Balmers.

Smart move Cerb, in fact you should complain about your team incessantly and they'll be forced to turn it around eventually. It worked for Balmers.
    worked for me too
    Geo

(XB) Champaign Chippawassapacans - 2060, 2062, 2063, 2078
    (TT) Lincoln Railsplitters - 2026, 2029
    (LoL) The World Powers - 2086, 2088
    (CarL) ****burn Town Scurvy - 2037
    (CBF) Loves Park Hillbillies -
    (GOAT III) Tomato Town Looters - 2005

After giving up 13 in the last 2 innings, its time for a peak into the Tomato Town Looters again.

Let me start this off by saying I'm not looking for any sympathy coming off a WS win and (over)bidding for a SS in the yearly free agent pool. I just marvel at the Ups and Downs by my non-lovable losers and love to rip on them.

So after the WS of 2005, Tomato Town was sitting at a crossroad. With Lee Lieberman recently diagnosed with early onset dementia (aka early decline), a Bullpen old enough to remember silent movies, and some pricey vets performing like 3rd round picks, we decided to pull the plug on guys like:

Miss you like a toothache
    1B Trent Hampton - currently a FA, working in the Lowe's hardware aisle
    RF Joel Hogan - currently a FA, selling Dimebags around Titled Towers
    3B Roland Mays - currently a FA, suffering PTSD
    1B George Reid - hitting .212 at Big Red

Miss you like Britney misses Justin
    SS Robert Lee - traded to make room for FA Bolger and is currently out hitting Bolger
    P William Bolles - killing it for Nortorious with a 2.19 ERA in 24+ innings while Pedro Woods is up to no good in Tomato Town
    P Otis Tucker - retired
    LF Jessie Madrid - picked up by Grove St and currently doing OK

So, to make room for FA shortstop Bolger, cuts were made and the Bullpen probably was hit the hardest. Defense actually improved a bit. Here is what I expected:
    1) Solid Pitching from 1-5
    2) Decent BP work from Batts, Stevens, and Woods
    3) Similar Offense with less power but the true arrival of Corey Corbin

Here is what I got roughly 1/4 into the season
    1) Ace Pitching by Lieberman due to BABIP of almost 100 points lower than recent seasons
    Solid work by young arm Willie Morris who will only get better
    Corey Berry reverting back to the living piece of human **** again
    Robert King lying in the weeds
    Carsten Morgan doing his best at SP5

2) Pedro Woods pitching like a complete *** hole again
    Larry Batts holding it down
    Randall Stevens doing his reverse blackjack impression and doubling up his ERA from last year 3.25 to 8.10 this year

3) I'm actually too disgusted to fully critique the offense
    Corey Corbin has played great
    Jeremy Green is a low life who can't decide if he can hit Righties or Lefties despite his +6 split. I drafted this **** head to mash RHP. I want to put him in a burlap
    sack, tie the top off with airport quality rope, and throw him off the cliffs of dover.

All in all, I am getting typical up and down Looters performances. In the process I learned a bit about the ramifications of overbidding but I still needed to purge aging vets all the same. Hopefully we can turn this chinese junk ship around and salvage the season. If not be ready for the final 1/3 of the sprint.

Good luck to all
    Last edited by GentlemensClub; December 6, 2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Geo

(XB) Champaign Chippawassapacans - 2060, 2062, 2063, 2078
    (TT) Lincoln Railsplitters - 2026, 2029
    (LoL) The World Powers - 2086, 2088
    (CarL) ****burn Town Scurvy - 2037
    (CBF) Loves Park Hillbillies -
    (GOAT III) Tomato Town Looters - 2005

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemensClub View Post
    After giving up 13 in the last 2 innings, its time for a peak into the Tomato Town Looters again.

Let me start this off by saying I'm not looking for any sympathy coming off a WS win and (over)bidding for a SS in the yearly free agent pool. I just marvel at the Ups and Downs by my non-lovable losers and love to rip on them.

So after the WS of 2005, Tomato Town was sitting at a crossroad. With Lee Lieberman recently diagnosed with early onset dementia (aka early decline), a Bullpen old enough to remember silent movies, and some pricey vets performing like 3rd round picks, we decided to pull the plug on guys like:

Miss you like a toothache
    1B Trent Hampton - currently a FA, working in the Lowe's hardware aisle
    RF Joel Hogan - currently a FA, selling Dimebags around Titled Towers
    3B Roland Mays - currently a FA, suffering PTSD
    1B George Reid - hitting .212 at Big Red

Miss you like Britney misses Justin
    SS Robert Lee - traded to make room for FA Bolger and is currently out hitting Bolger
    P William Bolles - killing it for Nortorious with a 2.19 ERA in 24+ innings while Pedro Woods is up to no good in Tomato Town
    P Otis Tucker - retired
    LF Jessie Madrid - picked up by Grove St and currently doing OK

So, to make room for FA shortstop Bolger, cuts were made and the Bullpen probably was hit the hardest. Defense actually improved a bit. Here is what I expected:
    1) Solid Pitching from 1-5
    2) Decent BP work from Batts, Stevens, and Woods
    3) Similar Offense with less power but the true arrival of Corey Corbin

Here is what I got roughly 1/4 into the season
    1) Ace Pitching by Lieberman due to BABIP of almost 100 points lower than recent seasons
    Solid work by young arm Willie Morris who will only get better
    Corey Berry reverting back to the living piece of human **** again
    Robert King lying in the weeds
    Carsten Morgan doing his best at SP5

2) Pedro Woods pitching like a complete *** hole again
    Larry Batts holding it down
    Randall Stevens doing his reverse blackjack impression and doubling up his ERA from last year 3.25 to 8.10 this year

3) I'm actually too disgusted to fully critique the offense
    Corey Corbin has played great
    Jeremy Green is a low life who can't decide if he can hit Righties or Lefties despite his +6 split. I drafted this **** head to mash RHP. I want to put him in a burlap
    sack, tie the top off with airport quality rope, and throw him off the cliffs of dover.

All in all, I am getting typical up and down Looters performances. In the process I learned a bit about the ramifications of overbidding but I still needed to purge aging vets all the same. Hopefully we can turn this chinese junk ship around and salvage the season. If not be ready for the final 1/3 of the sprint.

Good luck to all
    Well done GC, I enjoyed reading that analysis quite a bit. I don't understand Jeremy Green either.

G is of course correct. After that annoying 0-5 start, we've gone 32-16 including a recent 12-5 run through the division. Probably better than the team actually is, but it's a nice turnaround. The offense still isn't hitting (Craighead/Trejo/Smith? UGH), but the pitching is probably over performing right now to balance it out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast