Thread: Meet the League this Month

Lightbulb Meet the League this Month

1) Introduce Yourself

2) What mlb team do you root for? And, other sports teams?

3) Activities you enjoy besides baseball or csfbl?

4) What do you want for Christmas or plan on giving to someone?

5) Tell us some cool stuff about the area/state you live in?

6) CSFBL how did you find the game ? And anything you would like to say about what CSFBL means to you?

7) Favorite sports heros now and then?

8) What sports did you play as a kid and if you want- share a story....

9) Dreams you might have in the future?

10) How do you like to get an edge in CSFBL (if it's not a secret)? , or a lesson you have learned that you don't mind sharing?

Copy and Paste the ?'s and I hope this gets a ton of replies because it's fun to know who your playing csfbl with.

Whit-
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

Re: Meet the League this Month

1) Introduce Yourself ?
    My name is Bryan , nickname is "Whit". Married (20 yrs. coming this may), two children (both in High School). We live by the Mission in San Juan Capistrano. We had a 4 day pass to Disneyland , so Thursday we went over Thanksgiving break and also for my boys 18 birthday. Thanks to a military pass it's a decent deal (was in the Navy for two years, navigation and weather as a quartermaster).
    enjoy listening to fantasy baseball or sermons of Ralph "Yankee" Arnold podcasts while on my job as a night custodian for an elementary school in Huntington Beach.

Angels. No other sports really. Was a G.B. Packers fan in high school.

I enjoy a good hike, use to like to workout in my garage, shooting pool, reading my Bible, and road trips for vacations.

New some new clothes. Something I don't enjoy is shopping. lol
    Would love to give my wife a new suv, but will have to wait til' March

Plenty of sunshine, laid back in San Juan Capistrano, The oldest street in California Los Rios and downtown S.J.C. is 5 minutes from where we live. Lots of history with the Mission and a annual Swallows day parade is fun. We just got a free trolley that runs daily in the Summer that takes everyone around.

6) CSFBL how did you find the game ? And anything you would like to say about what CSFBL means to you?
    This game is the best. Just stumbled upon it when my boy was just a baby (he's 18 now) and haven't looked back. I remember thinking , free? this is so so cool...I love this site.

Darin Erstad. Love how hard he played the game.

Wrestling. From age 5 to 19. Every weekend in the Summer. When I was 8 I placed 4th in the Jr. Olympics. 1st in California. Had some setbacks in high school. Had my elbow completely bend over the wrong way and folded grotestly . But, I came back after a wasted Jr. yr. and managed to take 4th in C.I.F. Did not meet all my goals , but I can live with it.

Would like to retire and move out of the state or even country. That is probably a ways away as my daughter thinks I am an ATM. lol Nah, my kids are good kids and I'm proud of them both. Was talking to my boy and the way baseball teams are so numbers driven and how he likes stats and baseball and is great at math and computers, and told him he ought to be a scout. He is also bilingual in Spanish. My daughter is on the cheerleading team and will find out today if she made the track team for long jump. UPDATE:, She made the team!

10) How do you like to get an edge in CSFBL (if it's not a secret)? , or a lesson you have learned that you don't mind sharing?
    I tend not to be very patient on waiting for my teams to develop young players. So, I tend to have older teams , trade away picks, call players up too early, and miss drafts entirely! It sometimes works to have that teams with everyones castaways ...I like this stragegy as I get old. lol
    Last edited by Bryan Whitfield; May 22, 2020 at 08:04 PM.
    Lawn Chair League (co-commissioner ) ~ Huntington Beach Hobos 2019 & 2026 ​World Series Champions
    Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."Bibleline Broadcast Network (BBN) - YouTubehttp://www.northlandchurch.com/

If any of you would like to use these questions to introduce yourselves that would be fantastic! Old owners and new owners as we have a ton of great turnover recently, which is a great thing because we have as solid a group of actives in long long time. Be great to get to know the league with lots of participation!?!?

Whit-

1) Introduce Yourself
    Hi everyone! My name is Jim, bundy is a nickname my brother gave me when we were kids. It comes from paying football in the yard, I’d run over everyone, just like a local HS football Star was doing at the time. The 71 I had to add because plain old bundy was taken, it happens to be the year I was born. I have 2 sons, one in the US Navy, and one in college. I am married to a beautiful woman, who puts up with my craziness. I was diagnosed in 2017 with Chronic Myelogenous Lukemia, with the Philadelphia Chromosone. I have been in a state of undetectable since the end of 2019. Thank god! Thanks to my Dr too.

I am a die hard Philadelphia Phillies fan. I’ve been to every World Series parade! I am a die hard Philadelphia fan too! Come to think of it it, I have made every Eagles Super Bowl parade too!

I love to go camping. My wife and I have a pop up trailer. I like to camp in a hammock, but my wife needs a little more comfort than that. It’s also nice for the dog.

I have everything I need. I plan to listen to my wife, and surprise her with something she wants, or talks about in passing conversation.

I live in NJ. The beaches are cool, but the mountains are better. You have to go up to the NW corner of the state for the mountains. I’m not far from Philadelphia. There is plenty to see and do there.

I found CSFBL when I was out of work on disability. I was hooked. I’m a casual player.

Mike Jack Schmidt, Julius “Dr. J” Erving, Ron Jaworski, Charles Barkley, Nick Foles, Carson Wentz. Pretty much any Phillies, or Eagles players.

Baseball, basketball. I played men’s rec league softball for a few years too.

To retire, and travel these United States with my wife. And hopefully a few more Phillies World Series, and Eagles Super Bowl parades. Enjoy my sons as they embark on their journeys in life. Basically, just enjoy life.

Still trying to figure that out!
    Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on. - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by bundy71 View Post

1) Introduce Yourself
    Hi everyone! My name is Jim, bundy is a nickname my brother gave me when we were kids. It comes from paying football in the yard, I’d run over everyone, just like a local HS football Star was doing at the time. The 71 I had to add because plain old bundy was taken, it happens to be the year I was born. I have 2 sons, one in the US Navy, and one in college. I am married to a beautiful woman, who puts up with my craziness. I was diagnosed in 2017 with Chronic Myelogenous Lukemia, with the Philadelphia Chromosone. I have been in a state of undetectable since the end of 2019. Thank god! Thanks to my Dr too.

I am a die hard Philadelphia Phillies fan. I’ve been to every World Series parade! I am a die hard Philadelphia fan too! Come to think of it it, I have made every Eagles Super Bowl parade too!

I love to go camping. My wife and I have a pop up trailer. I like to camp in a hammock, but my wife needs a little more comfort than that. It’s also nice for the dog.

I have everything I need. I plan to listen to my wife, and surprise her with something she wants, or talks about in passing conversation.

I live in NJ. The beaches are cool, but the mountains are better. You have to go up to the NW corner of the state for the mountains. I’m not far from Philadelphia. There is plenty to see and do there.

I found CSFBL when I was out of work on disability. I was hooked. I’m a casual player.

Mike Jack Schmidt, Julius “Dr. J” Erving, Ron Jaworski, Charles Barkley, Nick Foles, Carson Wentz. Pretty much any Phillies, or Eagles players.

Baseball, basketball. I played men’s rec league softball for a few years too.

To retire, and travel these United States with my wife. And hopefully a few more Phillies World Series, and Eagles Super Bowl parades. Enjoy my sons as they embark on their journeys in life. Basically, just enjoy life.

Still trying to figure that out!

Nice Read Bundy,
    Thought maybe I wasn't gonna have any takers on filling this out. Love how dedicated you are!
    Hope we get some more owners to take the time to share who they are here.
    I enjoy reading them, and it make the league so much more fun when owners take time to
    participate in the forums. So, Kudos to you Bundy!

Whit-

1) Introduce Yourself--Darrel. I was born in Enid, Oklahoma, raised in Wichita, Kansas and live in Bunch, Oklahoma. My wife, who is a Bunch native, and I have been married for 48 years next month. We have two sons, one of which is a flat-bedder who is hauling wind-blades, the other of which is the ***'t rooms director at the Grand Canyon. We have 3 Oklahoma grandsons and 2 Arizona grandsons with 2 Oklahoma great-granddaughters. Our one daughter-in-law runs one of the restaurants at the Grand Canyon. I graduated from Oral Roberts University in 1972 with a degree in history, and got my masters from Northeastern State in Tahlequah (the old HQ for Letterman) in elementary education. I just retired, last Friday, from being a school librarian at the school just up the road where I taught for 45 years.

2) What mlb team do you root for? And, other sports teams? I've been a Kansas City Royal fan since their debut in 1969. I also like the Chiefs, Oklahoma City Thunder, and Cave Springs Hornets.

3) Activities you enjoy besides baseball or csfbl? Astronomy (where my nickname comes from), reading, hiking, NASCAR, traveling, photography, meteorology, my grandson and I are trained (by the National Weather Service) as storm spotters (I'm watching tornado coverage right now in eastern Oklahoma 50 miles away from us and not heading toward us), railfanning (watching, photography and riding trains).

4) What do you want for Christmas or plan on giving to someone? Last year, I got Carol a glass hummingbird and she got me a turquoise watch band. This year, who knows?

5) Tell us some cool stuff about the area/state you live in? We live in the far eastern part of Oklahoma in the Cookson Hills area of the Ozarks. My wife's tribe, the Cherokees, were moved in the Trail of Tears to our area and still have a majority of people around here. Our 70 acres borders on the Cookson Hills Game Refuge where I do a lot of hiking. We iive an hour from the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, 2 hours from Tulsa and 40 minutes from Fort Smith, Arkansas. Pretty Boy Floyd was from 20 miles south of us and is buried down there. Lake Tenkiller, a beautiful lake, is 10 miles west of us although there is no direct road to there from our house.

6) CSFBL how did you find the game ? And anything you would like to say about what CSFBL means to you? I don't remember how I found the game and it just means some interesting things to do on the internet.

7) Favorite sports heros now and then? Bobby Richardson, Nellie Fox, Roberto Clemente, George Brett, Frank White, Lorenzo Cain, Dan Quisenberry, Bob Gibson, Yogi Berra.

8) What sports did you play as a kid and if you want- share a story....Baseball. 14 years old, I was the lead-off hitter against a really good pitcher with speed. He came inside on the first pitch and hit my toe. I went to 2nd on a passed ball, 3rd on a grounder to 2nd and scored on a sacrifice fly. I was our only baserunner and we won 1-0.

9) Dreams you might have in the future? Just places to go like Acadia, Baseball Hall of Fame, Alaska, etc.

10) How do you like to get an edge in CSFBL (if it's not a secret)? , or a lesson you have learned that you don't mind sharing? I'm not the greatest at the game as I don't work at it hard, but I do, except in Lawn Chair, work my pitching rotations to maximize my best starters.
    Last edited by starwalker; May 22, 2020 at 10:41 PM.
    Peace. (Psalm 29:11)

Darrel
    Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Whitfield View Post

Nice Read Bundy,
    Thought maybe I wasn't gonna have any takers on filling this out. Love how dedicated you are!
    Hope we get some more owners to take the time to share who they are here.
    I enjoy reading them, and it make the league so much more fun when owners take time to
    participate in the forums. So, Kudos to you Bundy!

Whit-
    Thanks Whit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Breathe in, Breathe out, Move on. - Jimmy Buffett

1) Introduce Yourself
    My name is Michael, go by wrigley_ivy here. I'm 46 years old and married for nearly 21 years (together for almost 28). I have two sons, aged 17 and 9. My beautiful wife was born and raised on Kauai Hawaii and we met each other our freshman year of college at Purdue University in West Lafayette Indiana. I'm an accountant for a life insurance company and my wife is a registered pharmacist but is going back to school to study surgical technology. She used to work the overnight shift 7 on and 7 off for Walgreens and they treated their employees like crap so she quit after 20 years with them. While she worked the overnight shift I would take care of our babies at the night and work during the day in the office while finishing getting my MBA.

I am a huge Chicago Cubs and Chicago Blackhawks fan and a die-hard Denver Broncos fan. I used to have season tickets to the Broncos and fly from O'Hare very early Sunday, take a bus to downtown Denver, walk to stadium for game, then take bus back to the airport and fly home. I'd get home around 4-5am Monday and go to work.

I am a recreation director of the soccer program where I live and I also coordinate a soccer league with 100+ teams over the northern Illinois area. I also coach travel soccer and my youngest teams recreation soccer team. About a month before coronavirus I applied to become the head soccer coach at the community college here (horrible timing, lol).

I really don't need/want anything. My oldest will be going to college soon so spending time with him is critical. He's extremely smart and looking to go into either Aerospace Engineering or aviation.

Nothing really that interesting here as our governor has totally screwed this state up. People leaving here like crazy.

I came across it via Google one day, thank goodness I did. I love just coming here and checking out my teams and what happened in latest sim. It's a great way to meet people from all over too.

Growing up in Chicagoland every kid my age loved Walter Payton. My favorite baseball player of all time was Nolan Ryan the guy was amazing. I played high school baseball as a pitcher and just wanted to be Nolan. My favorite football player was Steve A****er and John Elway. A****er never got the full respect he deserved as he was a hard hitting safety.

Early on I played soccer from age 4 until 5th grade...then I switched to baseball. In high school I played baseball, football 1 year as QB, and basketball. I was lucky/unlucky that I received a basketball scholarship offer after my junior year from Valparaiso in Indiana. I say unlucky because between my junior and senior year I worked at my father's True Value Hardware and one day I came around a corner where the guy that cuts glass for windows had one leaning against the wall and went into my leg. 26 stitches needed and senior year basketball missed and scholarship taken away. I did try out for baseball and was offered rookie ball contract by Cincinnati Reds but decided to go to Purdue University instead.

My wife and I want to move to where she's from, Kauai Hawaii but man it's expensive!!!

10) How do you like to get an edge in CSFBL (if it's not a secret)? , or a lesson you have learned that you don't mind sharing? I try to keep spreadsheets of my team and players (it's difficult though with job and coaching). I still struggle a lot in this game and wonder if I'll ever figure it out, lol.
    Chicago Cubs (MLB Str8 8's)
    Cleveland Indians (MLB Str8 8 Sweetness)
    Denver Elevation (Lawn Chair League)
    Los Angeles Angels (MLB Classic)
    Philippines Archipelagos (World Baseball Classic)