Thread: 2061 Traded Picks

2061 Traded Picks

Orange County receives Hill Valley draft in 2061:

Trade proposed by Hill Valley Bulldogs to Orange County Juicy Fruit: Accept offer Decline offer
    "Includes HV draft next year."
    - Owner, Hill Valley Bulldogs
    From Hill Valley Bulldogs:
    P: Charles Lackey ($1,807,000)
    From Orange County Juicy Fruit:
    P: Robert Sullivan ($4,159,000)

Re: 2061 Traded Picks

Trade proposed by Philadelphia Whiz Kids to UNLV Running Rebels: Accept offer Decline offer
    "Offer includes Philly's 1st round pick in '62 also Gross is to offset some Salary "
    - Owner, Philadelphia Whiz Kids
    From Philadelphia Whiz Kids:
    P: William Gross ($2,020,000)
    RF: George George ($1,561,000)
    First Round Draft Pick: #20 overall
    From UNLV Running Rebels:
    P: Edwardo Ott ($5,928,000)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Orange County receives Hill Valley draft in 2061:

Trade proposed by Hill Valley Bulldogs to Orange County Juicy Fruit: Accept offer Decline offer
    "Includes HV draft next year."
    - Owner, Hill Valley Bulldogs
    From Hill Valley Bulldogs:
    P: Charles Lackey ($1,807,000)
    From Orange County Juicy Fruit:
    P: Robert Sullivan ($4,159,000)
    Hey... I never got the HV draft in '61... should I get it this season? Or should I get his auto'd players maybe instead?

Dave

You and Cerb should figure out what works for each other.

In general I am of the opinion that it's on the person receiving picks in a trade to A) make sure it gets posted with the correct year and details of picks involved and B) then make sure when the draft happens that they have the correct picks. Here it looks like A happened, but not B.

Just post what you and Cerb decide, then I can move picks or players or whatever.

I am of the opinion that if I do my part and post the trade, the person running the draft should have noticed.

I will see if I can make contact tonight when I get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    I am of the opinion that if I do my part and post the trade, the person running the draft should have noticed.
    I didn't mean this as a slight against you or anyone else. But you should be following up if you know you traded for a pick in a certain draft. I also agree that the person running the draft should have noticed. But to be fair to Vash he's also trying to do a lot of other things for the site, plus he runs several other leagues drafts because no one is willing to step forward and run them. It's an issue site wide, not just this league.

I hear you about the need for more active help from others. I run drafts in three leagues and am the commish in ReMake AA, so am quite busy myself. If I didn't, then maybe I'd offer to help here.

I remember having multiple drafts going on at the same time last season when this league was drafting, and suspect that I didn't have the time to do all the checking that I could have to ensure that I got the picks promised. I admit that it was partly my fault, but don't see how it can be left without OC getting any picks, as I thought you were suggesting initially.

I sent a note to Cerb81 to see if he agrees that I should get his draft this season. They actually are lower picks than I should have received, and I would have had to wait another full season to get them... so perhaps they aren't as valuable as I would have had otherwise. Maybe that is punishment enough for not confirming that everyone was doing what they were supposed to do.
    Last edited by DaveW; February 8, 2019 at 12:26 AM.

Sorry if you thought I was implying you wouldn't get something. I just meant for you 2 to figure out what makes sense and I'd get stuff switched around so it's all good.

Honestly if you're fine with whoever the auto picks were last season, that's easy to do. If you want picks this season instead, I'm good with that too. Just need to hear from Cerb.

Quote Originally Posted by balmers View Post
    Sorry if you thought I was implying you wouldn't get something. I just meant for you 2 to figure out what makes sense and I'd get stuff switched around so it's all good.

Honestly if you're fine with whoever the auto picks were last season, that's easy to do. If you want picks this season instead, I'm good with that too. Just need to hear from Cerb.
    I'd rather choose my own poison, I guess. For the record, Cerb was on yesterday, but has not yet responded on the dilemma. We have another day or so to work it out though.