Thread: How does a team have a $69MM payroll?

How does a team have a $69MM payroll?

stockpiling players in rookie and tanking season for good draft in hopes of winning future titles? Should be allowed to be $15MM over max payroll. I'm not going to keep up with this league if this is how we run. I've only looked at one team, Brevard County. Are there others?

Re: How does a team have a $69MM payroll?

The more I look at this the crazier it is. He's got two players, both 28 years old, each making over $5 MM a season, that were drafted 10 and 11 seasons ago, respectively and have never played a major league game? Why is this guy still in the league? Am I misreading something here? This appears to be tanking just for the fun of getting first round draft choices, but never playing them to see what they can do. And to top it off, he's $14 MM over budget. WTF?

Yeah, that isn't cool.

Maybe I need to understand salary cap. Do we just need to keep majors roster under $55MM? or is it our entire budget?

Too many teams with too many hidden players. Good luck to those that are playing it straight. Several players with budgets as high as $71MM. That's enough for me.