Thread: 1993 Season Discussion

1993 Season Discussion

Anyone that thinks the mighty can't fall in a hurry need not look any farther than the 1992 WS Champion Flatland Stick and the 1993 version of the titanic of baseball. Sure, I dealt a very good player away but little else changed. Well....actually a lot changed and I knew it was coming. Nearly every player lost ratings, some in a pretty big way. I'm sure to the outside eye it appears I am tanking, and I am but just not on purpose. I'm completely wide eyed at the utter failure I'm witnessing. I knew I was due for regression....this, this, this not so much.

I guess I'm going to get a good draft pick next season.....

Re: 1993 Season Discussion

The way Bond started the season for me would have helped you ZERO lol. Thankfully he's picking up steam.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    ACL - Washington Nationals
    Red Sox Nation - Durham Bulls
    Spring Training - Manchester United
    Baseball Dynasty - West KY Muggy
    MLB Classic - Chicago White Sox
    MLB Throwback - Philadelphia Athletics

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    Anyone that thinks the mighty can't fall in a hurry need not look any farther than the 1992 WS Champion Flatland Stick and the 1993 version of the titanic of baseball. Sure, I dealt a very good player away but little else changed. Well....actually a lot changed and I knew it was coming. Nearly every player lost ratings, some in a pretty big way. I'm sure to the outside eye it appears I am tanking, and I am but just not on purpose. I'm completely wide eyed at the utter failure I'm witnessing. I knew I was due for regression....this, this, this not so much.

I guess I'm going to get a good draft pick next season.....
    Ouch. That’s a cliff for sure. But you know what? You got the ring! I’d give back every single one of Georgia’s last 9 seasons (96 win ave, 8 playoff births, 3 WS losses) for one ring. But we’ll keep one plugging and hope this years the year.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Upon the completion of Game #80 of 160, the Stick starting 5 have all managed to get their ERA's under 5.00 for the 1st time this season. None are under 4.00 but...baby steps

Congrats Tyrus and good luck in the World Series.

What a weird season. Flatland was trying to win a title, while I figured I was entering a full rebuild with the trades I made.

The outcome, Flatland finishes second to last in the division, and we go to the LCS for the first time in my regime.
    25-8 World Series Record

I am getting SO tired of slitting the throats of people who call me a violent psychopath

Greatest Players I have managed:
    Bruce Myles
    George Clark
    Robert Stone
    Richard Wood
    Jason Moore

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Congrats Tyrus and good luck in the World Series.

What a weird season. Flatland was trying to win a title, while I figured I was entering a full rebuild with the trades I made.

The outcome, Flatland finishes second to last in the division, and we go to the LCS for the first time in my regime.
    Thanks 2XS. Let’s see if I close the deal this time. This is my 4th appearance in Diamond Legends without a ring yet.

That is interesting how the rebuilding team rose and the reigning champion fell.

Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL

Pull the plug! You finally broke through! This might not even be the best team you have fielded but now you can sing "We are the Champions"!

Congratulations!!

Big win. congratulations in your title and you are a nice owner

Thanks xet and Fyewiks. Finally closed the deal. This time after xet roughed up my pitchers to the tune of nearly 8 runs/g in the first 4 games of the division series, I wasn’t feeling too confident. But sometimes things fall into place - and of course sometimes they do not as I have learned along the way! Now on to 1994! No doubt some more big offseason decisions to make.

I have quite the rebuild ahead of me. But, I’m up for the challenge to turn this around in (hopefully at most) 3-5 years. But excited for the challenge.