Thread: MVP fails to make the All-Star team

MVP fails to make the All-Star team

My DH just won the MVP (and got the Silver Slugger). But, according to the All-Star team, he wasn't the best DH in the division.

Mine: .343-45-143 111 R 1.143 OPS

The All-Star: .383-28-107 134 R 1.054 OPS

The All-Star team must love their runs scored (ok, that BA is very impressive). My guy set the team's all-time record for slg%. And tied the OBP mark (well, technically he is 3rd, but all 3 had .472 OBP, so I am counting it as a tie, because the other 2 were before my time). Goes without saying he shattered the team OPS mark (by .072). Hel also fell 1 single base short of the team record for Total Bases (the record holder walked significantly less-63 BBs to be exact).

Re: MVP fails to make the All-Star team

Oh, and maybe I should nickname him "Alabama" since the university has won 2 National championships when they weren't even good enough to play for the SEC championship.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCT View Post
    My DH just won the MVP (and got the Silver Slugger). But, according to the All-Star team, he wasn't the best DH in the division.

Mine: .343-45-143 111 R 1.143 OPS

The All-Star: .383-28-107 134 R 1.054 OPS

The All-Star team must love their runs scored (ok, that BA is very impressive). My guy set the team's all-time record for slg%. And tied the OBP mark (well, technically he is 3rd, but all 3 had .472 OBP, so I am counting it as a tie, because the other 2 were before my time). Goes without saying he shattered the team OPS mark (by .072). Hel also fell 1 single base short of the team record for Total Bases (the record holder walked significantly less-63 BBs to be exact).

Well that's why fans shouldn't be allowed to vote for All-Star teams! LOL!!!
    "It is what it is"

1997 World Series Champs - Montreal Expos (National League)
    1996, 1999, 2018 World Series Champs - Vancouver Stars (Reel Classics)
    2002 World Series Champs - Alberta Clippers (Long Ball)
    2004 World Series Champs - San Jose Scrappers (Gamma)
    2023 World Series Champs - New Orleans Pelicans (Omicron)
    2015 & 2016 World Series Champs - Ottawa Travelers (Gamma)
    2017 World Series Champs - Winnepeg Bombers (Letterheads)
    1982 World Series Champs - Winnepeg White Caps (Psi Psi Pi)

Well, I cant say the other wasn't deserving, at least. Probably unfortunate neither one was good enough to be allowed a fielding glove.

I'm sure he wont mind the MVP as a consolation prize.

Edit: A long time ago, with this same team I had a FOTY winner, when another closer in the division made the All-Star in place of him.
    Last edited by DTCT; November 17, 2018 at 11:04 PM.

Maybe games played at position factored in. 2 great players thou