Thread: Gameplay

Gameplay

I was "watching" one of my games and there was first and third with 0 outs and there was a 6-4-3 DP, but the runner on 3rd didn't score. Is this the norm in the simulation?

Gameplay

I believe so. Isn’t that the norm in real life, as well? If the runner started going home, they’d abort the double play on 0 outs and throw home. I think I’ve seen the runner score on 1 or 2 outs when there was an error, but I couldn’t swear to it.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL
    Last edited by TwoPint; November 9, 2018 at 05:57 PM.
    World Series Champions:
    Sioux City Explorers (Iowa Farm League) - 2011, 2014
    Iowa Cubs (MLB ReMake - AAA) - 2014
    Harrisburg Senators (MLB ReMake - AA) - 2002
    Iowa City Raptors (WEBL) - 2000

Re: Gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPint View Post
    Isn’t that the norm in real life, as well?

I don't believe so. Even if they check the runner and make him pause, as soon as he throws to second, the runner should run home because the throw to the plate is tougher than back to first. If it was a really bad runner, where he's slow and can't hear his third base coach yelling at him, I could see him staying

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPint View Post
    I believe so. Isn’t that the norm in real life, as well? If the runner started going home, they’d abort the double play on 0 outs and throw home. I think I’ve seen the runner score on 1 or 2 outs when there was an error, but I couldn’t swear to it.

No. The norm would be to let the runner score and take the DP. If they hold
    The runner they only get one out. The runner on 3b will not hold if they are turning two

Depends on the game situation.

Ideally, in a close game, I'd load the bases with an intentional walk. That isn't an option in this sim. 2nd option in a close game would be to get 1 out and hold the runner at 3rd. If it's not a close game, then I'd take the double play and let the runner score.
    Unless the runner is exceptionally slow and the double play is exceptionally quick, I agree that a runner on 3rd should score on a turned double play. But if I had the option to load the bases and make it a force out at home, it wouldn't matter. Unfortunately the sim isn't quite that sophisticated.
    World Series Champions:
    Sioux City Explorers (Iowa Farm League) - 2011, 2014
    Iowa Cubs (MLB ReMake - AAA) - 2014
    Harrisburg Senators (MLB ReMake - AA) - 2002
    Iowa City Raptors (WEBL) - 2000

Personally I feel in general the runners are too conservative, so I bump up the base running in the manager settings.
    Say Hey Prospects (1981-?): Wisconsin Bombers (wins: 95/71/93/82/78/92/101/101/99/92) WS: 1981
    Earth Baseball (2121-?): Vulcan ViciousVelociraptors (wins: 62/64/58/78/84/92/90) WS:
    Years of Glory(2087-?): Milwaukee Brewers (wins: 64/70/68/79/78/76/98) WS: