Thread: All Time Best Players-North Division

All Time Best Players-North Division

I will present the very best players from each division that have been inducted into the Hall of Fame. If there is a player worthy of representing the division, it's up to you. The only players I listed have been an MVP or CYA winner.

1st up...

North

Dennis Hall SS World Series Rings(1) MVP(2) All-Star(8)

Single Season SLG(#9) Single Season HR(#6)

Donald Alston 1B World Series Rings(1) MVP(1) All-Star(7)

All Time TB(#10) All Time 3B(#3) All Time HR(#7) All Time R(#7) All Time RBI(#9)

Single Season 2B(#9)

Paul Wilson DH World Series Rings(0) MVP(1) All Star(11) Gold Glove(1)

All Time SLG(#6) All Time AB(#10) All Time PA(#10) All Time H(#7) All Time TB(#4) All Time 2B(#9) All Time HR(#2) Al Time R(#5) All Time RBI(#2)

Single Season SLG(#5 & #8) Single Season OPS(#8) Single Season TB(#3 & #5) Single Season HR(#6) Single Season R(#2) Single Season RBI(#8 & #9)
    Last edited by Fyewiks; November 9, 2018 at 05:17 PM.

Re: All Time Best Players-North Division

Wow this is painful to revisit - the Dennis Hall trade... Back in my earliest days of CSFBL when I thought a 3rd round pick was worth something...

I think this would have to be the worst trade I ever made in CSFBL, in fact it was so bad I'm surprised the mentors didn't stop it. I knew it was bad even at the time, as I had made the decision straight off to build from scratch, so was desperate to sell anyone of value to get what picks I could and also make sure I had a bad record to get high draft picks (this was my first and only experiment with the 'tank and bank' strategy, which I've come to despise). I'd been trying ship both Hall and Herrera for nearly two seasons and getting no takers, when this 'deal' was negotiated. Giving up a Cy Young award winner and HoF shortstop for a mediocre 3B, a decent LF, and a mid-3rd round pick. Ouch. Perhaps the greatest irony is that the two vastly inferior players I got in the trade both wound up with more rings on their fingers than the stellar players that departed...

Thanks for reminding me of how little I knew about CSFBL back in the day Fyewiks, I can't wait to see what other skeletons you pull out of my closet!!!
    GOAT 3: Palapye Power
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Las Flores Turanza
    MLB ReMake - AAA: Durham Bulls (2097)
    Pacific Coast League: Spokane Indians (1961, 1965, 1966, 1967)
    Caribbean League: Havana Jonron
    League of Legends: Ashtead Aardvarks
    Negro League Tribute: Kansas City Monarchs (2005, 2020, 2021)
    Earth Baseball: Palapye Swallows
    Blue Chip Baseball: Serowe Rhinos (1990, 1991, 1998)

Red Hot Prospects: Palapye Power (1982)
    Knights of CSFBL: Tatooine Womp Rats (2082, 2084)
    CSFBL Justice: Palapye Miners (2110)
    World League: Seibu Lions (2101, 2114, 2115, 2116, 2118)
    Beta: BIUST Buffaloes (2096)
    Cooperstown's Finest: Guildford Mavericks (2011)
    MLB Remake - Baltimore Orioles
    Psi Phi: Bedford Blues
    MLB ReMake - AA: Corpus Christi Hooks
    Sons of Ivy 3: Palapye Impala

Re: All Time Best Players-North Division

As the Walker Park owner - I have to pick Alston. Also, almost 200 of Paul Wilson’s HRs we’re in another division...... Okay my COMPLETELY BIASED opinion has been offered.