Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1993 Season chatter

1993 Season chatter

I think it’s a testament to the quality of the pitching in the New Blood conference that Ken Crawley https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=4613531 has not won a single CY Award in his career despite having a career 2.57 ERA (2nd best All-time), 1.12 WHIP (2nd best w 2 others at 1.11) and 38 career SHOs (2nd).

He’s having another solid year at 12-7, 2.23 ERA, 1.06 but still has plenty of competition for the coveted CYA. Will this be the year? And the bigger question, will Royston escape the the West for another title run? It’s an incredibly tight 3 team race w Seattle and Round Rock. May very well go down to the last game before it’s decided.

Re: 1993 Season chatter

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    May very well go down to the last game before it’s decided.
    Seattle ends it's season with a 11 game road trip: 4 games at Winnipeg, 4 games at Round Rock and 3 games at Royston. So I'll have a team battling fatigue in the two potentially biggest series of the season. Of course, my bullpen is really showing it's age and declining skill set, so if they don't turn it around, those games may not matter so much.

EDIT TO ADD: Defending CY Young winner Daniel Lau has 8 CG, 18 QS and an ERA of 2.79 in 24 starts .. but still is only 10 - 8. If that doesn't shed some light on how bad my 'pen has been, nothing will.
    Last edited by randyb33; November 7, 2018 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randyb33 View Post
    Seattle ends it's season with a 11 game road trip: 4 games at Winnipeg, 4 games at Round Rock and 3 games at Royston. So I'll have a team battling fatigue in the two potentially biggest series of the season. Of course, my bullpen is really showing it's age and declining skill set, so if they don't turn it around, those games may not matter so much.
    Royston hasn’t been a good home team....weird how that can change from year to year even w same stadium setup.

But we’ll see what transpires. It’s been a crazy race so far with all three teams switching positions. Round Rocks current 3 game lead is the biggest spread I recall.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

6 rookies in the Top 10 for Rookie of the Year, but nobody in the hunt for MVP in Round Rock. A couple really good veteran pitchers are leading the way, but no single hero on offense.
    World Series Champions:
    Sioux City Explorers (Iowa Farm League) - 2011, 2014
    Iowa Cubs (MLB ReMake - AAA) - 2014
    Harrisburg Senators (MLB ReMake - AA) - 2002
    Iowa City Raptors (WEBL) - 2000

Can you imagine what this division would look like if my bumbling bullpen clowns hadn't blown 25 saves? Criminy....
    Just Vegas, baby....

Big League: WS 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Feenicks View Post
    Can you imagine what this division would look like if my bumbling bullpen clowns hadn't blown 25 saves? Criminy....
    Wow. That’s crazy!

A first for Crawley - a No No! https://www.csfbl.com/game/boxscore.asp?gameid=40238293

Amazing collapse down the stretch by the Express. 19-21 in our last 40 games. Management is upset and considering moving the team out of Round Rock after just one season of residency within which the majority of their wins came on the road.
    World Series Champions:
    Sioux City Explorers (Iowa Farm League) - 2011, 2014
    Iowa Cubs (MLB ReMake - AAA) - 2014
    Harrisburg Senators (MLB ReMake - AA) - 2002
    Iowa City Raptors (WEBL) - 2000

spoil·er

noun: spoiler; plural noun: spoilers
    1. a person who obstructs or prevents an opponent's success while having no chance of winning a contest themselves.
    2. see Las Vegas Luxors vs. Round Rock
    Last edited by Feenicks; November 13, 2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Just Vegas, baby....

Big League: WS 1984

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    A first for Crawley - a No No! https://www.csfbl.com/game/boxscore.asp?gameid=40238293

Also a first for Nashville, no hit TWICE this season.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast