Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2021 season

Re: 2021 season

Quote Originally Posted by orangecat13748 View Post
    Albany is not your typical 86-win team; they are a team built for the playoffs....with a 3-man playoff starting rotation who went 52-20 during the regular season, while the rest of the staff combined to go 34-54.
    That's a good point... if you put those 3 up against my 4 (including Riley) then you could argue Albany's staff is actually better. And the offenses are quite similar in terms of overall production, Albany with better average/OBP and Charleston with more power. I guess that is the risk with building a power-heavy lineup, if you don't get the homers then you're probably not going to score many runs. At the end of the day I would rather play a game where the massive favorite sometimes falls... just hate that it happened to me this time

Quote Originally Posted by EtaCar927 View Post
    At the end of the day I would rather play a game where the massive favorite sometimes falls... just hate that it happened to me this time
    Definitely true....and to your point, if Albany goes on to win the title this year, it will be their 4th with an 80-something win team. On the other hand, the last 5 times Albany has won over 100 games, they haven't even made it to the Series -- including 2011, when the Polecats went 113-47 and got swept in the first round.
    Last edited by orangecat13748; November 20, 2018 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EtaCar927 View Post
    The Nats have had their share of playoff frustration as well, with only one World Series in 9 chances...
    The whole time I was reading this: "Man that sure sounds like EVERY season my Washington team has had." ROFL
    ACL - Washington Nationals
    Red Sox Nation - Durham Bulls
    Spring Training - Manchester United
    Baseball Dynasty - West KY Muggy
    MLB Classic - Chicago White Sox
    MLB Throwback - Philadelphia Athletics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12