Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 80

Thread: 1940 Season Chatter

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    469

    Re: 1940 Season Chatter

    The goal was to secure promotion and go up with the highest draft pick possible.
    It was never close in my opinion with it always requiring next to impossible numbers to happen.
    Basically you got as close as I allowed you to!



    Quote Originally Posted by AndreltonSimmons View Post
    Well England it was close. We made a good push for the promotion and will have to spend another 4 years in Moneyball.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,672

    Re: 1940 Season Chatter

    Quote Originally Posted by benmc View Post
    The goal was to secure promotion and go up with the highest draft pick possible.
    It was never close in my opinion with it always requiring next to impossible numbers to happen.
    Basically you got as close as I allowed you to!
    Boo, venezuela still wanted to make the playoffs, despite what i called a mini-rebuild
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not
     
    2016: 3,437-3,070 (.528) ~ 4 WS
    2017: 8,035-6,518 (.552) ~ 8 WS
    2018: 6,226-5,522 (.530) ~ 7 WS


    TMLAnaheim Angels(1959-)1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1972, 1976, 1983, 1984
    CarLKingston Clownfish(2017-)2022, 2027, 2031, 2032
    LEGJuan More Inning(2033-)2045, 2046, 2047, 2051, 2054
    DodgersCalifornia Beach Bums(1950-)1953, 1955
    GOATUnderpants Gnomes(1994-)1997, 1998
    CWSStanford Cardinal(1977-) 
    TCLMisty Mountain Hoppers(2101-)2109
    WBCVenezuela(1925-1932,1937-)1925, 1928, 1930, 1937
    Sweet-1886, 1888, 1891, 1892, 1897, 1898, 1900
    AA-2100 | ThrowB-2018 | TP-1983 | BD-2038 | AAA-2101

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    2,966

    Re: 1940 Season Chatter

    I think Israel just clinched promotion because PR and Scotland play each other.
    TML-San Francisco Giants(1963-current) 1970, 1972, 1973, 1976, 1977,1978,1979
    BD-Hill Valley Bulldogs(2032-current)2045
    CWS-Florida Gators(1977-current)
    Dodgers Baseball-Grandy Man(1950-Current)1951,1955
    TCB-St.Louis Browns(1982-current)1992,1993,1994, 1997
    WBC-Israel Ha Khoolim Levanim(1925-current-Moneyball Division)1932
    LEG-SMart Boomsticks(2048-current)
    GOAT-Sioux Falls Storm(1997-current)
    Cardinals Fans-Springfield Sultans(2092-current)2092,2094
    LOC-Washington Senators(2071-current)2071

    8-10 WS Record All-Time

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    49,121

    Re: 1940 Season Chatter

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerb81 View Post
    I think Israel just clinched promotion because PR and Scotland play each other.
    I think you were correct. Just for good measure, Israel won a couple Argentina in the last series anyway.

    Puerto Rico clinched promotion on the 2nd to last game of the season with a two out, walk then HR to beat Scotland 3-2. Box Score

    It was a fun ride at the end. I'm not disappointed in the team's work. We'll stay to battle with Argentina and whoever else in AF next cycle. Speaking of Argentina, I started my best pitcher in the last game of the season, prioritizing promotion over playoffs.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,157

    Re: 1940 Season Chatter

    Quote Originally Posted by andujar View Post
    We'll stay to battle with Argentina and whoever else in AF next cycle.
    I'm looking forward to it! See you next season!

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    469

    Re: 1940 Season Chatter

    Good for you.
    I didn't necessarily start out that way, just when I saw how much we hated what I did to our ball park for this season I knew we wouldn't have a championship in us, and so decided to put as much emphasis on having as much chance of promotion next time too.
    Czechs were irritating in that they had a good season and to make sure it never came into a single figure deficit I had to have a couple of winning runs at certain points, which meant our next pick is not as good as it could have been.



    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_T View Post
    Boo, venezuela still wanted to make the playoffs, despite what i called a mini-rebuild

  7. #67

    Re: 1940 Season Chatter

    Quote Originally Posted by andujar View Post
    I think you were correct. Just for good measure, Israel won a couple Argentina in the last series anyway.

    Puerto Rico clinched promotion on the 2nd to last game of the season with a two out, walk then HR to beat Scotland 3-2. Box Score

    It was a fun ride at the end. I'm not disappointed in the team's work. We'll stay to battle with Argentina and whoever else in AF next cycle. Speaking of Argentina, I started my best pitcher in the last game of the season, prioritizing promotion over playoffs.
    It was a hell of a run, definitely an exciting end to a disappointing season, I've held on to this aging core a little too long as Gonzalez and Norton hit their twilight but after battling in AF for four cycles wanted to make a push for promotion while I was in the position to. It will be an interesting year next year to see how we handle the top division

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,182

    Re: 1940 Season Chatter

    Quote Originally Posted by R. Dillman View Post
    So I know I'm going to regret this but Spain has been slowly working its way back up the standings and are now 4.5 games out of the playoffs. We have 26 games left of the season and most of those games are going to be in division so tough but impactful. Anyone think Spain can pull this off?
    I got within 2 games and really thought we could pull it off. In the end we fell off and had to go home.
    World Cup Baseball Spain La Roja WS:1927
    Dodgers Baseball Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers WS:1960
    Little League Dark Matter Tigers WS:2036

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    5,975

    Re: 1940 Season Chatter

    Lesson learned. Confirm manager settings changes. FFS.
    Spread the CSFBL love. Follow @Celtic_CSFBL and @csfbl.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,883

    Re: 1940 Season Chatter

    Congrats to the USA!
    "The other team could make trouble for us if they beat us" - Yogi Berra

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •