Thread: New League Idea

New League Idea

I can come up with more details later but want to see the interest. I cannot run a league, but I can offer my ideas and help out and lead the recruiting phase if the idea generates interest.

4/day
    0 Scouting
    No Renames

12 MLB teams
    12 NCAA teams (no trading, redshirts, etc.)
    -Auction style turn based recruiting overseen by a non-NCAA owner.
    -Each turn can be 1 Month allowing for a relaxed pace during the season
    -Additional recruits are generated by the game every season.
    -You can participate in both leagues

You can choose to play as an Agent, Coach or Manager. You can retire your character and start a new one. You can have multiple characters, however:
    If you are an MLB agent you cannot have a Coach or Manager in the same league.

General Manager = Can perform all actions for the team.
    Coach = Is hired by General Manager to assist
    Agent = Competing with other agents to make the most $$$ per season (open to more ideas)
    -An agent is going to want to sign the most lucrative players

Ability to have teams in both leagues, or one.
    Allowing owners to hire assistant owners/managers.

Cash Prizes when possible

Open to more ideas. Simplicity is key.
    I will always WRECK bmikes and I OWN Joe in TDD.

Miroku>Pimp

LEADER of the WIN EVERY SIM crew

Re: New League Idea

I've come up with many unique league ideas before. CWS, RTTB, Front Office Baseball, World Baseball Classic, etc. If there is genuine interest I will make sure it gets off the ground. If you are looking to be a commissioner of this league let me know. I'm looking for someone to assist me in getting this off the ground. This game absolutely needs a league that has zero scouting. It is the most realistic way to play the game. No scouting is perfect for a league that has two separate leagues inside of it. Everything is based on stats.

The optional ability to hire assistants should also be a fun aspect of the game only seen before once or twice in CSFBL. A slower pace and cash prizes make every season more meaningful. If an owner feels like checking out for a couple of seasons he could hire an assistant to run or manage his teams. This could help promote up and coming owners who want eventually be a GM of the MLB side. You could even have multiple coaches and a separate login for the team if necessary. This would mean more storylines as coaches can be hired and fired. Speaking of which I think if you don't meet minimum win requirements you do get fired and this is a critical element to the game that I've always wanted to see. We could have a committee within the league to decide who gets hired when coaches are fired. It could be based entirely on results and a priority list. Essentially we could have a turn based coaching carousal system (same as NCAA 14) where coaches can decide to stay or leave their program or team for a better job.

Adding the ability for agents could be cool if planned properly. Imagine an agent making the Ultimate FA decisions or requesting a trade. Holdouts. There's some ideas here but this can also be scratched.

If you think this is a dumb idea, please let me know. If my imagination serves me correct this would be a very fun ruleset to play with in a game that's been played basically the same way since 2003.
    Last edited by Rando; October 11, 2018 at 05:01 PM.

Miroku>Pimp

I miss ncaaf, i had one with desean jackson at Cal. And that one speed rusher on florida was unstoppable. Carlos dunlap!
    “I’m not really looking to do a lot of work right now. I’m looking to do the exact opposite of that.” -Jay Cutler

2016: 3,437-3,070 (.528) ~ 4 WS
    2017: 8,035-6,518 (.552) ~ 8 WS
    2018: 2,112-1,890 (.528) ~ 7 WS

Only 1 full season below 60 wins

TMLAnaheim Angels(1959-)1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1972, 1976, 1983, 1984
    CarLKingston Clownfish(2017-)2022, 2027, 2031, 2032
    LEGJuan More Inning(2033-)2045, 2046, 2047, 2051, 2054
    DodgersCalifornia Beach Bums(1950-)1953, 1955
    GOATUnderpants Gnomes(1994-)1997, 1998
    CWSStanford Cardinal(1977-) 
    TCLMisty Mountain Hoppers(2101-)2109
    WBCVenezuela(1925-1932,1937-)1925, 1928, 1930, 1937

Sweet-1886, 1888, 1891, 1892, 1897, 1898, 1900
    AA-2100 | ThrowB-2018 | TP-1983 | BD-2038 | AAA-2101

Please welcome 303Dad to the league

More updates to come on league rules. Still looking for someone to be a commissioner.

Most likely this is going to be a thing.

Miroku>Pimp

Luke T is the newest addition

Miroku>Pimp

I'm interested. What is meant by cash prizes? Extra cash given to teams? What about sal caps?

Quote Originally Posted by DiMo View Post
    I'm interested. What is meant by cash prizes? Extra cash given to teams? What about sal caps?
    Cash prizes given to WS winners. Real life currency.

Essentially we could have a "Money league" where people buy in and if they win the WS they can take home all the cash in the pot. Thus making it optional to buy in. Just an idea. My original idea was to give $20 paypal to WS winners out of my pocket PFAnalways style but actually pay.

Miroku>Pimp