Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hall of Fame

Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here.

English and Franson are locks.

Green has no chance with so few Player of the Games.

The rest will be interesting to dissect. Is it WS rings, game achievements or player of the games that hold the most weight? Are any of them #1 in an All_Time category? That should be a factor but I haven't looked yet.

Edit: Since you clearly pointed out Green is the BB King and I obviously don't know how to read this fact before I give my opinion, I retract the Green has no chance....
    Yea I would agree Green is a long shot. He doesn’t have an MVP, big HR numbers etc. But he’s got 6 AS and 3 Silver Slugger awards. So maybe 50/50 on him at best.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Re: Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    Is it WS rings, game achievements or player of the games that hold the most weight? Are any of them #1 in an All_Time category? That should be a factor but I haven't looked yet.
    The biggest factors are MVP/Cy Young followed by All-Star/Silver Slugger/Gold Gloves. Achievements and milestones(300 wins, 500 HRs, etc.) are also very important. WS Rings and PotG matter as well but are weighted less heavily.
    23-8 World Series Record

I am getting SO tired of slitting the throats of people who call me a violent psychopath

Greatest Players I have managed:
    Bruce Myles
    George Clark
    Robert Stone
    Richard Wood
    Jason Moore

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    The biggest factors are MVP/Cy Young followed by All-Star/Silver Slugger/Gold Gloves. Achievements and milestones(300 wins, 500 HRs, etc.) are also very important. WS Rings and PotG matter as well but are weighted less heavily.
    Good info 2XS!

Thanks 2XS! This is a learning time for me. I always appreciate insight into how things work.

Oh and while it says >25 rating is necessary, unless things have changed a lot, it is more likely 40-50 is the minimum range, and 100 and higher to be a 1st ballot HoFer.

Just look at the 5 players in my signature if you want to see what a 1st ballot HoFer looks like.
    23-8 World Series Record

I am getting SO tired of slitting the throats of people who call me a violent psychopath

Bruce Myles
    George Clark
    Robert Stone
    Richard Wood
    Jason Moore

Henry English is the league’s first member of the HOF!

Gotta say, Henry English, strikes me as a very good player, but not really HoF worthy. I guess I just have very jaded standards to what I think is worthy of the Hall of Fame.
    23-8 World Series Record

Bruce Myles
    George Clark
    Robert Stone
    Richard Wood
    Jason Moore

Gotta say, Henry English, strikes me as a very good player, but not really HoF worthy. I guess I just have very jaded standards to what I think is worthy of the Hall of Fame.
    I had a bird's eye view since Flatland got shut down by English for a number of years. Looking at his overall stats, he looks a lot more fragile than he did at the time so I can see your jaded point of view. Arakanu was a force for quite a few years with him as the pitching leader. I'm kind of "meh" for him making the HOF, especially the 1st ever, but I did call it!

Where's Franson?

Hall of Fame

Can’t really disagree. He had 5-6 strong years but never won 20 games and only won 134 games. But looking at the rest of the field to date, he did appear to be the clear choice for the first. Funny how a league 13 years in hasn’t yet produced a top tier first ballot type guy. Who has a prediction of the first first ballot guy?

Last edited by TyrusCobb; November 8, 2018 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    Can’t really disagree. He had 5-6 strong years but never won 20 games and only won 134 games. But looking at the rest of the field to date, he did appear to be the clear choice for the first. Funny how a league 13 years in hasn’t yet produced a top tier first ballot type guy. Who has a prediction of the first first ballot guy?

I will say Sergio Williams. 4x MVP + several All Star selections and Silver Sluggers. HoF score over 100, which is really the trigger for 1st ballot selections.
    23-8 World Series Record

Bruce Myles
    George Clark
    Robert Stone
    Richard Wood
    Jason Moore

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast