Thread: Bye Bye Batavia

Bye Bye Batavia

After a season in which they had 0 All-Star selections, the Super Cobras are under new ownership.
    Along with the roster overhaul, management has decided to relocate as the team will now be operating as the Austin Armadillos. It only made sense that, as the roster received a makeover, the transformation would only be complete with a new identity. The Super Cobras never won a single playoff appearance. The Armadillos are quickly working to make sure the same won't be said about them.

Re: Bye Bye Batavia

It has been a tough go in the Aaron division. The Corndogs and my Bombers have been fighting for the top spot in the division since the league has started.....and when one of the teams was down in a year then the Islanders would claim one of the top two positions. I am sure you will get them going and get into the playoffs.....I figure I have a 3-5 year window left before I may need to rebuild and the Corndogs are most likely in a similar situation, which should open up the division for you and others to battle for.
    Say Hey Prospects (1981-?): Wisconsin Bombers 1981
    Earth Baseball (2120-?): Vulcan ViciousVelociraptors
    Years of Glory(2087-?): Milwaukee Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadRapperD View Post
    It has been a tough go in the Aaron division. The Corndogs and my Bombers have been fighting for the top spot in the division since the league has started.....and when one of the teams was down in a year then the Islanders would claim one of the top two positions. I am sure you will get them going and get into the playoffs.....I figure I have a 3-5 year window left before I may need to rebuild and the Corndogs are most likely in a similar situation, which should open up the division for you and others to battle for.
    Same here. My division is top heavy in Groove City, Jakenya, and New York. bigtank should've made the playoffs but the division is just too tough. My pitching is garbage and my whole youth thing is starting to get old. I'll have to try and eak out everything I can out of this team before I have to start rebuilding. I'll probably only stay competitive for the next 3-6 years before I have to rebuild (again).
    6th Grade Noob

It will be interesting to see how this team does with just rearranging talent and signing a couple free agents. I see some good players here, so we'll see what they can do when given the chance. Unfortunately, the LM wasn't as filled with young talent as you'd expect...most were ready to be called up, but with the 1st overall pick this year, I have a good opportunity to re-stock and maybe get lucky and land a generational talent.

I've been gone from CSFBL for awhile...I really liked the idea of taking over a team with very little history to make my own. Glad to see the other two open spots filled up and looking forward to an active, competitive league.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoPint View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this team does with just rearranging talent and signing a couple free agents. I see some good players here, so we'll see what they can do when given the chance. Unfortunately, the LM wasn't as filled with young talent as you'd expect...most were ready to be called up, but with the 1st overall pick this year, I have a good opportunity to re-stock and maybe get lucky and land a generational talent.

I've been gone from CSFBL for awhile...I really liked the idea of taking over a team with very little history to make my own. Glad to see the other two open spots filled up and looking forward to an active, competitive league.
    I’m glad that you find our league intreaging. I would definitely say that we are a competitive league, but more in a passive-aggressive way. However, we are very top-heavy in terms of activity. If you want to make trades, I would definitely reach out to Dennis4485, kingdms, Madipuppy, BigBadRapperD, bigtank2000, sigma957, WU89, or me (lhu167). We 8 are probably the most active users. If you have any recommendations for the league or questions please contant BigBadRapperD or me! Good luck with your rebuild!
    6th Grade Noob