Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1992 Season Discussion

Re: 1992 Season Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    Like I said, I'm weird that way. I almost always have my pitchers at 100% no Seafat before I start them. I want max effort....it's the guys I trust most....

I have seen so much RP breakdown it isn't funny. I've even moved away from "always use closer" because I would rather have that awesome closer pitch 5 innings every 5 games than be ruin a great start 1 time.
    Yea I hear what you are saying. You and I have a similar goal....keep the bullpen out of it. But we go about it different ways. I push my starters to go deep into games and hopefully finish. Even if it hurts their bottom line numbers at the end. A fatigued starter SOMETIMES is better than a RP. Especially since the computer manager is a moron in most cases. Lol.

So we agree but have different approaches. Not saying mine is right or wrong. I’m still learning this game and will no doubt never truely have a perfect understanding.

Let’s get on to next year....I really need this Diamond Legend ****** off my back!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    What Tyrus is trying to say, and you seem to be not understanding(in part because his explanation was a bit unclear) is that whatever Seafat a player has when then regular season ends, is the Seafat he will have until the flip to the next season. Seafat doesn't ever go down during the playoffs. Also pitchers are usually fine carrying up to 5% Seafat, and position players can easily carry up to 20% Seafat, anything less than that doesn't really impact performance at all. I give you Eduardo Glenn. I routinely have his Seafat at around 5%, and I don't think you will ever find a better pitcher. This season I was lucky and could rest him his last 2 starts as we clenched early and had set the single season wins record in start 35.

Yea, I didn't fully understand that about the season's end Seafat but I'm pretty sure Galvan was at 0 Seafat when I started him in the Divisional game. As far as playing SPers with + Seafat, I'm sure it is perfectly OK to push it when they have good EN but for whatever reason most of my SP through my early managerial career in all my leagues have Mostly not had very high EN so I noticed early on that it took longer to get back up to full strength if I didn't rest them so have adopted the strategy of not using them unless they were at 100%. I doubt I will ever change that strategy unless I have a very high EN SP with above average stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    Yea I hear what you are saying. You and I have a similar goal....keep the bullpen out of it. But we go about it different ways. I push my starters to go deep into games and hopefully finish. Even if it hurts their bottom line numbers at the end. A fatigued starter SOMETIMES is better than a RP. Especially since the computer manager is a moron in most cases. Lol.

So we agree but have different approaches. Not saying mine is right or wrong. I’m still learning this game and will no doubt never truely have a perfect understanding.

Let’s get on to next year....I really need this Diamond Legend ****** off my back!!!!!

Seriously....m0nkey is a curse word....:::::eye roll::::: Friggin dirty minded censors anyway. Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    Seriously....m0nkey is a curse word....:::::eye roll::::: Friggin dirty minded censors anyway. Ha ha.

By my recollection, that is 2 times now! Haha

Just say chimpanzee!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234