Thread: 1991 Season Discussion

1991 Season Discussion

Put your team happenings, events, feats, stumbles etc here.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

1991 Season Discussion

Management called Jay Berrios https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=4624425 into the office and grilled him on why he should continue to be a member of the team. Facing a cap and allocation crisis that has forced the team to forgo player development, Berrios immediately came to mind as a solution.

Having failed miserably as the teams closer, posting an ERA above 5 three seasons straight despite tremendous potential as a power pitcher, management has nearly reached their end with the 27 yo and his $3.8 million salary. He was reminded of the fate of other underachievers with the organization - specifically Marcelino Flores who ended up scrubbing toilets for 2 years in the club house before lower his salary demands and pitching elsewhere

Berrios plead for one more chance - in the starting rotation. Management reluctantly agreed to give him 10 starts.

His first start shows the potential Georgia has been waiting to flourish, with the young flame thrower striking out 15 in a 1-0 CG SHO against division foe Fiji. https://www.csfbl.com/game/boxscore.asp?gameid=40006307 Management will continue to watch the results closely.

Last edited by TyrusCobb; September 1, 2018 at 04:50 PM.

Re: 1991 Season Discussion

After years of stale doughnuts, It is the Baker that should be cleaning toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by xet43 View Post
    After years of stale doughnuts, It is the Baker that should be cleaning toilets.
    Ummm it’s the Baker jokes that are getting stale ;-) lol. But what never gets stale is beating Manila!

I hoped the Black Bears would do better this year, but the pitching staff is getting shelled. I'll see if I can do anything to course correct.

This whole darn thing is upside down!

How in tarnation is the Flatland pitching staff at or near the top and the Flatland hitting at or near the bottom?

Somebody done tainted the water in Flatland County!

Five teams within 4.5 games in Walter Johnson!
    Adirondack 46ers, The Classic League
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    , MLB Str8 8s
    Albany Shamrocks, Triple Crown Baseball

Ooooweeee! Anybody going to make a move to win or will the division stand pat?
    ACL - Washington Nationals
    Red Sox Nation - Durham Bulls
    Spring Training - Manchester United
    Baseball Dynasty - West KY Muggy
    MLB Classic - Chicago White Sox
    MLB Throwback - Philadelphia Athletics

I'm trying, daggnamitt!! Them pesky other folks keepin' tryin' ta tie us to a pole!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe Dispensers View Post
    Ooooweeee! Anybody going to make a move to win or will the division stand pat?
    I'm all in with what I have. I dug my hole and now will play it out to the end.