Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Survey: three things that would make CSFBL better

Re: Survey: three things that would make CSFBL better

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark Mountains View Post
    Just one huge thing for me. Live drafts. For the person that runs it, it is time consuming and unappreciated. People like to criticize and complain if you don't do it when and how they want it but no one else wants to run it.
    100% this. We need to take the live drafts out of the forum and have a separate page with something like drop down boxes and a button for owners to lock in their picks instead of a commish updating a spreadsheet from a litany of PMs then manually entering the picks in ... all during the two weeks between the time the list drops and the 7/15 sim. I think a system where we had automation and more time to run the draft would be hugely beneficial. If the list dropped in the preseason and draft ran at the end of the regular season, even 8 games/day leagues would be able to give each owner ample time to make picks.

Quote Originally Posted by DiMo View Post
    Allow the option of having one big sorted list w/ all positions listed together w/ the picks in order. Constantly scanning up and down the page trying to compare players is a huge hassle. Allow eliminating players that you have no interest in or that have already been drafted so they don't muck up the list.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Ozark Mountains View Post
    Just one huge thing for me. Live drafts. For the person that runs it, it is time consuming and unappreciated. People like to criticize and complain if you don't do it when and how they want it but no one else wants to run it.
    This

3) Built in draft options: Wheel draft, Lottery (All 24 picks, non-playoff teams, etc.)

1. More realistic gameplay . First of all, this would be obtained through better lineup substitutions, either through fatigue or during the game. When your cleanup hitter sits due to fatigue, why would a light hitting scrub take his place in the 4th spot? The ability to insert scrubs at the bottom of the order would make a lot more sense. It would also be wonderful to designate pinch hitters and pinch runners. You could have lineup tools that designate your top 3 pinch hitters and pinch runners, and using a managerial tool you could select how often your team pinch hits and pinch runs (scale 1-10).

2. More realistic injuries. Have rare events that cause players to be actually sidelined for a few (or more than a few) games. This would introduce a whole new element in the game - are you willing to take a chance on a low endurance, injury prone player?

3. Contracts. Rather than signing for life, sign for a definate period of time. This would make trading more similar to real life - you'd see a lot more trading of veteren player who's on the last year of his contract.

I'd like to add to the draft talk. I love the idea of having it in game.

My dream would be where the commissioner can set it up so it runs like the forum draft, meaning I can tell it we have a three team block in the first round, and six teams in the second. I can also input that we run it in 24 hour increments, starting 12 hours after the list drops (or a specified date/time). Then, for the first round, each team will rank three picks in the game, and the game site will then determine who each team gets. Once the 24 hours are up, it assigns the auto picks, and then notifies the next group of owners that they are up. Then all I have to do is worry about making my own picks, not everyone else's.

Oh, and I want the game to work with future draft picks so I don't have to keep track of them and update the board.
    Current
    MLB Remake-D. Tigers-1976-2059 and 2088- WS:2-1
    MLB Classic-Det Tigers-1993-2076 and 2125- WS:3-3
    Tilted Tables-S. Pilots 1991- WS:2-6
    CSFBL Justice-W.M. Whitecaps 2093-
    League of Legends-T.C. Walking Dead 2077- WS:0-2
    League of Champions-M. Marlins 2066-
    PGML-Musk. Clippers 2033- WS:0-1
    Little League-HH Indians 2036-
    Past

Coors Field-LA Dodgers WS:7-2
    MLB Remake AAA-Gwin Braves 2074-2089 WS:0-1
    MLB Remake AA-Read Phillies 2070-2086 WS:2-0
    Justice-C.B. Bonds 2042-2058 WS:1-1

Improve the Pitching sub patterns. Think back to the Yankees 90s, easy to remember. When they had John Wetland and Manny Rivera, the 8th inning and 9th inning were basically OVER if you trailed vs the Yankees back then. But it bugs the living crap out of me how sometimes the pattern is basically Little League Level. During the playoffs, I will move one of my SP to a RP Role and the system will still pick the LEAST likely option for me. Happens far too often.

Improve the Draft "hidden gems". Translation. Yeah, it is easy as heck to see a Top 10 player, pitcher etc. But what about late first round picks who can develop into potential HOF players? Rarely do you see 2nd Picks HOF level careers, or even in the draft pick range 20 to 24 of round one. Often I find them to be rather useless in most cases. It is hard if you are consistently challenging year in year out, drafting late to maintain the pool of decent players streaming to the big leagues.

Add the "Donation Option" Translation, I give you all some money, you make the experience AD FREE. I do not think it would require two websites, it really is just adding a new element to the site, with the ability to shut off add ons.

First, I want to thank everyone for taking the time to write! I've read everything and taken notes, and I even have a master list. I had to bundle things together where they were similar enough, but the overall list looks like the following.

In short. here's what I'm hearing:

• Improving the draft -- better UI, better interactivity, support for "live" drafts -- is by far the most important feature.
    • Options about improving how players are used by the sim engine are popular -- this includes targeted manager's tendencies, in-game substitutions, and better bullpen logic.
    • People want stats -- not just game stats, but leaderboard-type stats (user records, WS wins, etc.)

I appreciate this list because it's a combination of how we play the game, and how the game plays itself.

The list I have so far. Feel free to comment. Next week I'll go through this list again and try to identify some quick fixes as well as what it takes to address the biggest issues.

Thanks so much for your input!!!

17 Improved draft/interactive/live
    6 Individual manager tendencies for individual players
    5 In-game substitutions - pinch hit, defensive subs, better auto-subs (adjust lineups)
    4 Trade blocks
    4 More league options (hard caps, draft lotteries, custom draft day, league speed during post-season, etc.)
    4 More game stats (globals, matchups)
    4 Leaderboards/User Stats (records, HOFs, playoffs, etc.)
    4 Improved bullpen logic (selection, toast)
    3 Improved mobile UI / mobile app
    3 Draft pick trades 2-3 years in advance
    2 Player contracts
    2 Smooth scouting (spread out over years, allocated continually)
    2 Set individual game lineups
    2 VsR/L splits when editing lineups
    1 Improved commissioner tools (move players)
    1 Improved minor leagues - stats, players
    1 Auto alerts/posts of milestones
    1 Improved baserunning logic (advancing/not, double plays)
    1 Improved scouting (overall)
    1 Improved defensive algorithms (too heavy to one rating)
    1 Improved franchise page (recent results of all teams/current standings)
    1 More awards (batting champion, triple crown)
    1 Hire/fire managers
    1 More starting pitcher rotations (3-man, most rested)
    1 Roster page shows all levels on one page
    1 Fix depth charts (not picking next player?)
    1 Injuries
    1 More "hidden gems" in the draft
    1 Donate for ad-free option

kudos!
    Current
    MLB Remake-D. Tigers-1976-2059 and 2088- WS:2-1
    MLB Classic-Det Tigers-1993-2076 and 2125- WS:3-3
    Tilted Tables-S. Pilots 1991- WS:2-6
    CSFBL Justice-W.M. Whitecaps 2093-
    League of Legends-T.C. Walking Dead 2077- WS:0-2
    League of Champions-M. Marlins 2066-
    PGML-Musk. Clippers 2033- WS:0-1
    Little League-HH Indians 2036-
    Past

Coors Field-LA Dodgers WS:7-2
    MLB Remake AAA-Gwin Braves 2074-2089 WS:0-1
    MLB Remake AA-Read Phillies 2070-2086 WS:2-0
    Justice-C.B. Bonds 2042-2058 WS:1-1

One thing I'd like to see that I don't think has been mentioned is...
    I'd like to see your teams record versus the other teams in your league for each individual season.
    Last edited by Dave Juul; September 12, 2018 at 07:29 PM.
    World Series Wins - Lost (11 - 13)
    Birmingham Black Barons (0 - 1) Negro League Tribute
    Buffalo Bengals (3 - 0) Redsox Nation - 2077,2099,2103
    Buffalo Bills (Comish) (1 - 0) Spellcheck - 1986
    Buffalo Bisons (1 - 1) Minor League - 2038
    Buffalo Braves (0 - 1) Psi Sigma
    Buffalo Bulls (1 - 2) Beta - 2094
    Buffalo Cheapskates (1 - 0) New York Ny - 1991
    Buffalo Long Ballers (Comish) (1 - 2) Xtra Bases - 2034
    New Orleans Eagles (1 - 2) North American - 2032
    Sanfrancisco Gmen (3 - 3) All Star Gala - 2037,2039,2040
    St.Louis Cardinals (0 - 1) MLB Remake

1) Live Draft- make it live. Go to default list for those who didn't attend. Have lots of options for comissioners to be able to runs different types of live drafts, like having an off-line draft, block style (with option to go off lists), etc.

2) Bunting, individual player settings page (for example, if you want a certain player to bunt...set the number at 10 if not then set to 1) same for stealing, aggresiveness on basepaths etc. For pitchers. (examples would be like - setting every pitches individual toast, and how you much you want to use them and when.)

3) Would prefer.... MLB style Play-off bracket ! (and 162 games , not 160) So, having a wildcard system. Reward teams that win their division ! Have 2nd place and even 3rd place teams that earn a play-off spot that don't win their division have to play that dreaded 1 game (win or go home) play-in to advance to postseason.

The way it's currently set-up doesn't reward the division winner during the regular season enough. And change the division winner to team that is the actual team with the best regular season record. please please.

Even having the teams with the best regular season records being seeded. #1 seed plays the winner of the wild card game. The way it's set up now just doesn't reward playing well during the regular season (which takes up the bulk of the year anyway) enough. This would also eliminate 2nd place teams that have near a .500 record by not making the post-season because other teams in different divisions have better records and actually make it instead of being eliminated.

Thank You so much for csfbl for all these years have been a blast and you truly have made so many improvements to the game by listening to your user base.
    Props ! And Thank for keeping the game free for us all , that is so incredible and giving of you. So many takers out their in this me 1st world and it's nice to see that here in csfbl that it's just not the case!!!

Whit-
    Lawn Chair League ~ Huntington Beach Hobos

My 3 are:

1 - Individual manager tendencies for individual players

2 -
    In-game substitutions - pinch hit, defensive subs, better auto-subs (adjust lineups)

3 -
    Improved bullpen logic (selection, toast)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast