Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three young 3b, need advice

Re: Three young 3b, need advice

Taylor was brought up cause I wanted to, simple as that. I have seen guys stay down, not develop well, yeah, i usually stick with age 23, but I figured he was close enough.

B

Yeah, I myself don't have a hard and fast rule for bringing up players, when I feel they are ready. Even if they past 23, I don't necessarily call them up. Though, I do have a rule of makin g some decision at 25 (usually at least a tryout, and then either stay, to AAA, or release as needed)

Taylor should of been ready to take over 3rd or play Cf. Of the other 2 players . 1 is a DH maybe corner of, not a 3rd baseman. The original 3rd should stick at 3rd or go to 1st if needed. No problem seen here with a little planning .

23 is mine. I have played it long enough, it is safe to follow it. Especially since I am the type of player, who tends to try to win every year, keep my cap high, try to keep Devel/Drills near 10/10 every year. Now of course, I had a team in Xtra, I learned a valuable, VALUABLE lesson. I was chasing another title, I needed offense to go with my pitchers. I sold three draft classes for two bats. One fizzled rather quickly, other never lived up to expectations. But, losing them three rounds sunk my ship bad. So, there is not set way in stone in this game. WE ALL ARE GUILTY of loving our guys. haha. So guys past 23 usually fringe players, guys who are not good enough to make my roster, but i hold onto them, cause as a RP, maybe. But typically, it is also my chase for the next great Phil Niekro, I do keep HIGH SY pitchers down longer sometimes.

When a player hit 22 yrs might as well call them up. Gaining very little leaving them down other then cap reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by No Gimmick Necessary View Post
    White looks like a bust. He may never become the player you hoped. He will need several favourable flips and his age won't help matters.
    Yeah, I'd love to have a bust that can hit 40 hrs a year and post a 900 OPS.

Keep doing what you are doing, Taylor has plenty of RA to play CF if you need to upgrade there.

Quote Originally Posted by CyMaddux31 View Post
    Yeah, I'd love to have a bust that can hit 40 hrs a year and post a 900 OPS.
    My bad. I was simply looking at his ratings that the OP posted.

Quote Originally Posted by BKiriak View Post
    23 is mine. I have played it long enough, it is safe to follow it. Especially since I am the type of player, who tends to try to win every year, keep my cap high, try to keep Devel/Drills near 10/10 every year. Now of course, I had a team in Xtra, I learned a valuable, VALUABLE lesson. I was chasing another title, I needed offense to go with my pitchers. I sold three draft classes for two bats. One fizzled rather quickly, other never lived up to expectations. But, losing them three rounds sunk my ship bad. So, there is not set way in stone in this game. WE ALL ARE GUILTY of loving our guys. haha. So guys past 23 usually fringe players, guys who are not good enough to make my roster, but i hold onto them, cause as a RP, maybe. But typically, it is also my chase for the next great Phil Niekro, I do keep HIGH SY pitchers down longer sometimes.

Yeah, I probably do pretty consistently (most of the time) with hitters by the 22-23 range. Pitching is always guess work on exactly how close to potential they need to be to avoid getting a beatdown their rookie years. (and I've had 2-3, I just had to throw out in lean years and get bludgeoned as 5th SP rookie, and keep in the rotation as long as they maintain viewing distance of a 5.00 ERA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12