Thread: Press Conference Story Mode-Part 2 (Because Part 1 is buried deep)

Press Conference Story Mode-Part 2 (Because Part 1 is buried deep)

I had fun writing the original several months ago so I decided to follow it up. The original, for those that are newer, can be seen below.

9 seasons ago, Clyde Conestoga, the manager of the Flatland Stick ballclub sat down with the Flatland Free Press to discuss the state of the team.
    Much has changed since the early days of the league and the club.

Flatland Free Press ('cause nobody in these here parts gonna buy the darn thing)

The Stick went on a phenomenal run, going from 54-50 to 92-60 and are poised for their 4th straight playoff appearance so we invited Clyde Conestoga, manager and Jacques Wheeler,1B to sit down for an interview.

FFP:Welcome Clyde and Jacques, it been a long time Clyde (smiling smugly he remembers 9 years ago). Jacques, it's a pleasure meeting you.
    JW: *nods his head
    C:Thank ya fer havin' us. Yer lookin' a bit more like a man,son. Got a bit of hair on yer chin.
    FPP:Thanks, I decided to grow a beard. How did the team turn it around? Flatland was very close to blowing their playoff chances before this incredible run.
    C: First of all, a beard don't make a man, so don't go gettin' the idear that you are nothin'. As fer the winnin'...when ya teach the boys in a darn proper way, they do whatin' ya wantin'.
    FPP:OK. Jacques, what do you think is the reason for your recent success?
    JW:babababababa
    C:No askin' him stuff!
    FPP:Huh?
    C:He don't talk much.
    FPP:OK. Clyde, you told me 9 years ago that you don't go for high priced free agents. But you made a trade for a very high priced player and gave away,some would say, a kings ransom to get him.
    C:Those boys we traded were gettin' uppity. They was seen gettin' ina fancy car. That kinda thing jus' leads ta more evil stuff. We jabbered with Vasquez for a time and 'cluded he was like we are. The kid pulled a wounded cow through 2 hayfields so his momma could get fresh meat for his sisters sleepover bar'Q. That there is takin' a whole lotta strength and eye fer the future.
    FPP: Jacques, is Vasque….
    C:I told ya! He don't talk much.
    JW;bababababababa
    FPP:He sounds like a sheep..
    C:Confoundittt!! He's saying his nickname!
    FPP: Now I'm confused.
    C:That don't come as a saprize to nobody. Yer hair on yer face never made yer brain older.
    FPP:What?
    C: Ima guessin' yer not that dumb sos Ima thinkin' nobody tole ya.
    FPP:Told me what?
    C:Jacques nickname is Bubba.
    FFP: OK,ok…
    C:Bubba here, he's a prodgy. We grabbed him the secon' round 'cause he cain't write his name. What in tarnation is bad about an X?
    FPP:Well, he certainly has been a great part of the success of the Stick. Is there anything you can tell the fans of the Stick, Flatland County and world before our time runs out?
    C:I heard this one time. It kinda Sticks in ma mind. Chicks love the long ball.....

Flatland Free Press ('cause nobody in these here parts gonna buy the darn thing)

The Stick are getting ready for the 2nd season in Flatland County. After a disappointing 1st season, we sat down with manager Clyde Conestoga to discuss the state of the ballclub.

FFP: Welcome Clyde. It's been a long time since we've had a chance to talk with you.
    C: Have we met afore?
    FFP: Well, no. I was referring to sitting down with the Free Press.
    C: Let me tell ya, whippersnapper. Ya just cain't go around throwing words expectin' folks to know what her jabberin about. And by the way, where is the feller from the last time I was here?
    FFP: He's busy fixing his fence. Seems the bull didn't care to much for being penned up.
    C: That's fine with me. He kept looking at me funny when I spit on the floor. Ya got a fine place here but ya needin' a cotton-pickin' spittoon. Anaway, a bucket an mop would tidy that up in a jiffy. It ain't like ya got a expensive wood floor or nothin'.
    FFP: I didn't bring a mop, but I did bring a bucket for you to use.
    After a disappointing season, what kind of things did you do and will be doing for the upcoming season?
    C: The boys really let me down last year. Them young fellers played tighter then a banjo string. So I took 'em all to the annual hoe down out at Juicy Lucy's, got 'em all liquor'd up and told 'em, this is how ya gotta feel when ya playin' boys. Iffen they can 'member we should be fine. We got a lotta strength an runnin' in over the last month. I had 'em shovelin' the horse stalls out at Homer Vogel's place an let the horses out a the pasture a few times so's they could fetch 'em an git some runnin'in. The boys should be in better conditionin' to git the season beginin'.
    FFP: You have some new additions to the club. I'm wondering why you didn't go after any free agents.
    C: First of all, let me tell ya, if ya mess with the bull yer gonna git the horns. There were a coupla guys I had to let go. If ya can't fit in here in Flatland County, I got no use for ya. We saw a few them boys down in the minors that were showing some grit. We reckoned it was better to bring them boys up, being as they are used to our ways, then to bring in some high falutin' city kid that might not take hankerin to our ways of doin' things 'round here.
    FFP: Thanks for stopping by. Any last words for the fans of the Stick?
    C: I just want the people of Flatland County to know, I promised a darn good baseball team when I was hired last year and I will do my darndest to see it through. The playoffs is the goal and me and the boys is gonna try real hard. Thank ya kindly for havin' me . Here's yer bucket back.
    Last edited by Fyewiks; August 19, 2018 at 02:27 PM.

Re: Press Conference Story Mode-Part 2 (Because Part 1 is buried deep)

The Burrito Factory scores this post with a 5 star bucket rating

Clyde's done a great job managing these farmboys lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    ACL - Washington Nationals
    Red Sox Nation - Durham Bulls
    Spring Training - Manchester United
    Baseball Dynasty - West KY Muggy
    MLB Classic - Chicago White Sox
    MLB Throwback - Philadelphia Athletics

Quote Originally Posted by xet43 View Post
    The Burrito Factory scores this post with a 5 star bucket rating
    I think I just got Pasted....

Great stuff!

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL