Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preseason Created Free Agents

Re: Preseason Created Free Agents

The created FAs are randomly created aren't they???
    Say Hey Prospects (1981-?): Wisconsin Bombers 1981
    Earth Baseball (2120-?): Vulcan ViciousVelociraptors
    Years of Glory(2087-?): Milwaukee Brewers

They are random, but there are MANY instances where GOD aka ROY HOBBS on Steroids is being introduced to the leagues. In this league it was a huge mistake, just look at the high priced SUPERSTAR Kala has, Mike John. What is not fair with this GIMMICK, is OFTEN not everyone has an equal shot at landing such a star. In this league, a very old league, John is already showing how the balance of the league is altered. He has won the WS. Look in my other league, TCB, a Preseason Free Agent in just two seasons has altered the record books and his team has made it to WS back to back, sweeping his way to a WS title, Rene Connor.

It is a joke, that should not be added to leagues, UNLESS you want to go the gimmick, BS route.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BKiriak View Post
    They are random, but there are MANY instances where GOD aka ROY HOBBS on Steroids is being introduced to the leagues. In this league it was a huge mistake, just look at the high priced SUPERSTAR Kala has, Mike John. What is not fair with this GIMMICK, is OFTEN not everyone has an equal shot at landing such a star. In this league, a very old league, John is already showing how the balance of the league is altered. He has won the WS. Look in my other league, TCB, a Preseason Free Agent in just two seasons has altered the record books and his team has made it to WS back to back, sweeping his way to a WS title, Rene Connor.

It is a joke, that should not be added to leagues, UNLESS you want to go the gimmick, BS route.

Brian
    Lets be honest. kalamazoo was winning 90-100 games even before Johns came. Johns is not a gamebreak himself. Its no surprise i won the WS when i got an Ace pitcher from regular free agency. Johns hasnt been so good in the playoffs because you only play against top teams there. Johns regular season numbers are inflated by playing in a division where everyone else wants to tank.
    I just can't look its killing me
    And taking control
    Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
    Swimming through sick lullabies
    Choking on your alibis
    But it's just the price I pay
    Destiny is calling me
    Open up my eager eyes
    Cause I'm Mr Brightside

It would be interesting to see what the "average" created player is.....If John is an abnormality I'm fine with it. Heck I was rearranging my roster to try to get him for 10-11M, but got outbid. I'm fine with Kalamazoo getting him because there is a penalty to getting him.....he hurts your salary cap and FOAs. I haven't looked at the roster, but I am sure he is making due with players in the 1-2M range with a few in the 3-4M range. It's about how you piece it together and appeasing the God of Randomization
    Say Hey Prospects (1981-?): Wisconsin Bombers 1981
    Earth Baseball (2120-?): Vulcan ViciousVelociraptors
    Years of Glory(2087-?): Milwaukee Brewers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12