Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preseason Free Agents

Re: Preseason Free Agents

Sims paused for 24 hours to give everyone more of a chance to see the new FAs. Free agents with bids should sign at midnight ET Saturday night.

It's that time again....the season has flipped, and sims have been paused for 24 hours to give owners more time to see and bid on free agents. FAs with offers will sign at 6PM ET on Monday.

Also, don't forget you need to be under the $65M hard cap by April 1; the league should hit that date on Thursday evening.

We've flipped to 2027....check out the preseason FAs, the ones with offers will sign at 6PM ET on Wednesday (sims have been paused for 24 hours). There's also a handful of teams over the $65 mil cap -- you have until April 1 to remedy that.

Quote Originally Posted by orangecat13748 View Post
    We've flipped to 2027....check out the preseason FAs, the ones with offers will sign at 6PM ET on Wednesday (sims have been paused for 24 hours). There's also a handful of teams over the $65 mil cap -- you have until April 1 to remedy that.
    So it looks like I owe everyone a serious apology. Apparently I didn't actually pause the sims when I thought I did, so the PSFAs signed at 6pm today rather than tomorrow.
    If it's any consolation, probably no one was affected by this mistake more than myself, as I planned to make aggressive offers tonight on a couple of the FAs, only to discover I was too late. Hope I didn't mess anyone else up too badly.

So it looks like I owe everyone a serious apology. Apparently I didn't actually pause the sims when I thought I did, so the PSFAs signed at 6pm today rather than tomorrow.
    If it's any consolation, probably no one was affected by this mistake more than myself, as I planned to make aggressive offers tonight on a couple of the FAs, only to discover I was too late. Hope I didn't mess anyone else up too badly.
    Didn't affect me personally but I will say we should all be very afraid of Oakland now, already a 100 win team and they just added two absolute beasts

With ACL's customary 24 hour pause on the sims, the 2028 preseason free agents with offers will sign at 6AM ET Tuesday 11/12.

Well, we have another math expert in the league it seems:

Harold Leflore... who apparently would rather make $3.5 million to play for an 83-77 team than make $4 million and play for a 98-62 team coming off a World Series appearance.

I guess it's probably a good thing I'm not going to be paying $4 million for a defense-only shortstop... but still, kind of harsh to make such a better offer and still not land the player.

Quote Originally Posted by EtaCar927 View Post
    Well, we have another math expert in the league it seems:

Harold Leflore... who apparently would rather make $3.5 million to play for an 83-77 team than make $4 million and play for a 98-62 team coming off a World Series appearance.

I guess it's probably a good thing I'm not going to be paying $4 million for a defense-only shortstop... but still, kind of harsh to make such a better offer and still not land the player.
    I'm too lazy to look at your roster before posting this reply, but do you already have a good (and not aging) SS on your roster? I think that is one of the factors that goes into a FA's "decision".

I shelled out $7 mil for the other SS, mainly because I'm not patient enough to "trust the process" and instead try to accelerate my rebuild, which I may end up regretting. But I released a $6 mil 31 year old SS to free up the cash, so it may work out. (If you have the room, grab him instead...he may have a year or two of gold glove level defense left in him, and had a .381 OBP last year).

I'm too lazy to look at your roster before posting this reply, but do you already have a good (and not aging) SS on your roster? I think that is one of the factors that goes into a FA's "decision".

I shelled out $7 mil for the other SS, mainly because I'm not patient enough to "trust the process" and instead try to accelerate my rebuild, which I may end up regretting. But I released a $6 mil 31 year old SS to free up the cash, so it may work out. (If you have the room, grab him instead...he may have a year or two of gold glove level defense left in him, and had a .381 OBP last year).
    Yeah I forgot I have a few guys in my minors who are good if not great on defense... also I just reread the docs and I had forgotten that cap space comes into play as well (players don't want to be cut for cap reasons so they might choose a team with more space and Hickory had me beat by a lot in that area). So actually when considering those factors I can see why he might have made that decision.

Sims have been paused and now unpaused in the last day. FAs with offers will sign at Midnight ET tonight (Friday night).

Also, I apologize to the 4 owners who made offers, but I just noticed that Thomas Spencer is on the FA market. That was a mistake (a big one), he was supposed to be moved to AAA and not released.

If the resulting change in your signing strategy means you need more time, I can push back the FA signings to Saturday morning. Or...if you released players to create cap room and want them back, let me know.
    Last edited by orangecat13748; January 10, 2020 at 01:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast