Thread: 1996 Season

1996 Season

Washington State has parted ways with Abraham Morris (SP) a 203 game winner. We wish him the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 1996 Season

Let’s welcome RyckyRych to the league, taking over the potentially renamed Woodbridge Beavers and that monster payroll!

Quote Originally Posted by oldeephus View Post
    Let’s welcome RyckyRych to the league, taking over the potentially renamed Woodbridge Beavers and that monster payroll!

Welcome Rycky! No importing Talbot to this league.

Quote Originally Posted by jsch08 View Post
    Welcome Rycky! No importing Talbot to this league.
    He's too old now. I'd need his 23-year-old version instead.

What I could use is a catcher. And who know what else. If you see something you need and can make a fair offer for it give me a try. Meanwhile, I'll try to sort this mess out.

And, of course, Washington State division rivals Philadelphia have taken the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by oldeephus View Post
    And, of course, Washington State division rivals Philadelphia have taken the lead.

Theo Epstein interesting this year. LA can’t figure out if we want to be any good or not. All of us getting owned by an unowned team so far.

I put this in the league notes but it’s worth sharing the pain in the forum.( Been there myself...)

William Purdie and Jason Brock of San Angelo Manics gave up 5+ HRs In back to back games vs the West Lawn Owls. Ouch.

At the half way point in the season, the Billy Beane division has all 5 teams at .500 or above. It could be a real dogfight for the 2nd place spot with Nevada running away, the top spot all but clinched.

Washington State has signed veteran pitcher David Neal for the bullpen in an attempt to give him a shot at win number 200.

Great job Nevada on scooping up 1B FA David Judkins. I do wonder why he was outright released with Madison’s cap space instead offering to trade him but stranger things have happened...