Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: anyone have a catcher?

Re: anyone have a catcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Trempk View Post
    I wonder which is better management: Signing FA and seeing your second place team become a powerhouse, or not signing FA and seeing your former championship team lose to an unowned team. It is hilarious that that is happening to your team after you made such a big deal out of it happening to mine last season, btw. I wasn't embarrassed when it happened to me cause I knew they were a good team; and I wouldn't be embarrassed if I were you. But it must be embarrassing for you since you think it's such a big deal. You have my pity.

But don't worry, I'm sure it's only a matter of time until your genius draft pick, Quiroz the Magnificent, can be called up to save your squad.
    Clearly for you, since you can't draft to save your life, it's easier to just HOPE TO GOD that there will be some GREAT FREE AGENTS that you can scoop up like a weasel in the night and then puff your chest out the next year like you are some genius. LOL. Again, how many hitters in your starting lineup and pitching rotation did you actually draft or trade for? LOL! Point made. Mic dropped. Goodnight now .

Quote Originally Posted by CyMaddux31 View Post
    Clearly for you, since you can't draft to save your life, it's easier to just HOPE TO GOD that there will be some GREAT FREE AGENTS that you can scoop up like a weasel in the night and then puff your chest out the next year like you are some genius. LOL. Again, how many hitters in your starting lineup and pitching rotation did you actually draft or trade for? LOL! Point made. Mic dropped. Goodnight now .
    Easy to say coming from the guy who sucks ass to get an all-time great stud hitter to crutch his team up. It's a lot harder when you're consistently drafting at the end of the draft order. In the past 70 seasons I've only had 1 top 5 pick and only 4 in the top 10. I've only picked 12 times before 18th in the order over that time. You've picked 9 times in the top 5, 18 times in the top 10, and 32 times before 18th. And I've still consistently won more games than you. I can only imagine how big the difference would be if I didn't suck as much as you say at drafting and trading.

Anyway, I don't need to make trades in this league. It's tougher here because there are so few teams, which means rosters are deeper and the talent is more concentrated. Adding 12 FA each season amplifies that. I basically tried to give away Ronnie Johnson last season and couldn't. Plus my team usually has so much depth, that it never really has any gaping holes.

And as far as the FA go, the players dropped at noon on a Tuesday. Everyone had the same opportunity to put bids on them, and I wasn't the only one who did.

Easy to say coming from the guy who sucks ass to get an all-time great stud hitter to crutch his team up. It's a lot harder when you're consistently drafting at the end of the draft order. In the past 70 seasons I've only had 1 top 5 pick and only 4 in the top 10. I've only picked 12 times before 18th in the order over that time. You've picked 9 times in the top 5, 18 times in the top 10, and 32 times before 18th. And I've still consistently won more games than you. I can only imagine how big the difference would be if I didn't suck as much as you say at drafting and trading.

Anyway, I don't need to make trades in this league. It's tougher here because there are so few teams, which means rosters are deeper and the talent is more concentrated. Adding 12 FA each season amplifies that. I basically tried to give away Ronnie Johnson last season and couldn't. Plus my team usually has so much depth, that it never really has any gaping holes.

And as far as the FA go, the players dropped at noon on a Tuesday. Everyone had the same opportunity to put bids on them, and I wasn't the only one who did.
    That's ok, no one wants to deal with you, and you go and gobble up all the resources when you get a chance and then claim that you are the greatest man in all the land, just like your idol the Real Trump.

You just better hope that you can win it all with that team of high paid free agents over there, who will of course go up in salary each year.

Smoochies, Big guy!

Lol, wtf is smoochies?

God damn I feel like I'm back in elementary school talking to you. And you've continued to throw in the "I know you are but what am I" tactic, trying to bounce the Trump thing back at me. I accurately said that you were acting just like him, and you had no defense for it so you just went with that, lol. I might as well be in 3rd grade again.

But lets be fair. Every boast I've made in this thread has been in response to you acting like you're a better manager than me or that I'm a bad judge of talent, or a bad drafter, or a bad trader, or whatever bs you've spouted. None of it has been unsolicited.

As far as "gobbling up all the resources" goes, when I signed those free agents I didn't put a single bid in on them over their asking prices. I didn't use any unfair salary advantage that I had over anyone else to sign them. I just made enough room to put in bids on the guys I wanted and figured 2 or 3 would sign with me because no one else was putting in significantly higher bids. I also added 10+ good-to-great players (resources) to the FA pool when they signed. I acquired them all 100% fairly. There are no rules on how many FA you can sign. It's not my fault there are 12 added to the league each year. I said it once, and I'll say it again: you're a commissioner; if you have a problem with it, then do something about it.

It is funny though how last season you were talking high shit, making fun of me for not beating an unowned team (which I did in the end), and boasting on having 6 straight seasons of winning more games than me. Then this season roles around and I post clear facts showing that I've been better than you over 70 seasons compared to your soon-to-be-over 6 season streak, you're the one losing to the computer team, and all of a sudden it's no longer "call me daddy" and now that you have to eat crow, all you can say is that it's not fair.
    Last edited by Trempk; September 26, 2018 at 07:15 PM.

Lol, wtf is smoochies?

God damn I feel like I'm back in elementary school talking to you. And you've continued to throw in the "I know you are but what am I" tactic, trying to bounce the Trump thing back at me. I accurately said that you were acting just like him, and you had no defense for it so you just went with that, lol. I might as well be in 3rd grade again.

But lets be fair. Every boast I've made in this thread has been in response to you acting like you're a better manager than me or that I'm a bad judge of talent, or a bad drafter, or a bad trader, or whatever bs you've spouted. None of it has been unsolicited.

As far as "gobbling up all the resources" goes, when I signed those free agents I didn't put a single bid in on them over their asking prices. I didn't use any unfair salary advantage that I had over anyone else to sign them. I just made enough room to put in bids on the guys I wanted and figured 2 or 3 would sign with me because no one else was putting in significantly higher bids. I also added 10+ good-to-great players (resources) to the FA pool when they signed. I acquired them all 100% fairly. There are no rules on how many FA you can sign. It's not my fault there are 12 added to the league each year. I said it once, and I'll say it again: you're a commissioner; if you have a problem with it, then do something about it.

It is funny though how last season you were talking high shit, making fun of me for not beating an unowned team (which I did in the end), and boasting on having 6 straight seasons of winning more games than me. Then this season roles around and I post clear facts showing that I've been better than you over 70 seasons compared to your soon-to-be-over 6 season streak, you're the one losing to the computer team, and all of a sudden it's no longer "call me daddy" and now that you have to eat crow, all you can say is that it's not fair.
    1. I wanted to make sure you could grasp the content, so I dumbed it down for you

2. Your claim and false assertation that I was talking about Yowza's current era was wrong, and I had to show you twice and you still dont see I was talking about career era which of course was right around 4 at the time of the offer, dont now why you cant graps that, its all bolded for you in 9000 point font above.

3. Certainly, when the players you draft suck, you might as well clean house and then (like you did) just get mighty lucky that 2 hall of fame talent Free agents were created and another 2 all star level players, that you just happened to sign, ALL of them. You expect a pat on the back for that? Get real, anyone can sign free agents.

4. Pretty sure YOU are the one that started talking **** in the forum, if you cant handle the consequences of that, then don't throw rocks living in a glass house, Mr. President.

5. Better hope you win it all this year, those free agents are just going to go up and up and up in price and then you'll be in the same boat that you spouted off about before about me not having any money for allocation. But yet, I won a championship , will you?

Smoochies Trumpky

1. Lol, you're textually sending me kisses with your "smoochies". The cringe is palpable.

2. That you were talking about his current ERA at the time of the trade is the way a normal person would interpret your sentence. The fact that you said Yowza was better than House at the time of the trade (which he wasn't) in the same post only backed up that interpretation.

3. Well, the team I had when I signed the FA certainly didn't suck, because I had won 100+ games with them. And the players I dropped certainly didn't suck because they had won championships and a bunch of awards; they were just older. Since signing FA is such a dirty and underhanded thing to do, I'd like to see you build a whole team out of the players you pick late in the draft order, like the ones you drafted this year, without FA. I'm sure you can do with genius picks like Philip Crown (compared to terrible draft picks like Charles Briggs, Allan Guerrero, Robert Burton, etc.) Lol.

4. I never said I didn't talk ****. I'm just saying it's funny how the tables have turned and you're getting your medicine in that the game is basically talking **** back to you showing you how dumb you were being.

5. Don't worry about my team, my team will be fine as always.

Let's just diagnose this one last time.

The context of these quotes is that we are arguing about House being better than Yowza. You've already previously said Yowza's career ERA was around 4 in the post previous to this quote and it wasn't disputed because it was a meaningless stat in relation to the discussion.

T: "Point E. Yowza has had a better career ERA than House - True, but House has been an extremely slow developing player and is better than Yowza right now."

C: "When the trade was proposed his ERA was right around 4, possibly under 4 for his career...
    for this year he is, at the TIME OF THE TRADE HE WAS NOT- thats the whole point. (that you keep missing)"

You mention his ERA at the time of the trade, then you mention his career ERA. Then you explicitly say that at the time of the trade Yowza was better than house.Yet at the time of the trade, Yowza had an 8.16 ERA compared to House's 3.37. So even if you did mean career ERA in the first part of the first sentence, you were still lying about Yowza being better than House at the time of the trade.
    Last edited by Trempk; September 29, 2018 at 03:18 PM.

1) Glad you understand that
    2) there was no trade. And YES, Yowza's career ERA at the time I proposed the trade was right around 4 if not under 4. and as stated countless times,. Yowza was part of an offer with P prospect Quiroz that was drafted 6 slots after Dutra for Dutra, who waas SITTING ON THE BENCH at the time. Please tell me how a 17 game winner with a 4 career ERA and a P prospect drafted 6 slots AFTER a Catcher SITTING ON THE BENCH, is such a piss poor offer??

Quote Originally Posted by CyMaddux31 View Post
    1) Glad you understand that
    2) there was no trade. And YES, Yowza's career ERA at the time I proposed the trade was right around 4 if not under 4. and as stated countless times,. Yowza was part of an offer with P prospect Quiroz that was drafted 6 slots after Dutra for Dutra, who waas SITTING ON THE BENCH at the time. Please tell me how a 17 game winner with a 4 career ERA and a P prospect drafted 6 slots AFTER a Catcher SITTING ON THE BENCH, is such a piss poor offer??
    Predictable. We've already gone over all of that a number of times. It's amazing how you can just ignore everything I type, including pointing out your lying to me, and just fall back to your talking points.

I'll tell you how it was a piss poor offer. Dutra is a .850+ OPS player who is going to hit 40 HR each season. A great player. Quiroz isn't a great player. Yowza isn't a great player, he's a garbage player. All of that was obvious at the time of the trade (offer). It doesn't matter if the guy is on my bench. Being on my bench doesn't magically make him a worse player. You saw him on my bench and thought I might be sleeping on him and thinking he isn't that good, so you took the opportunity to try to scam me out of him for a couple of players that you didn't need.

The Bothan Spies and Jek's Pullled Porkins Sandwiches won a combined 236 regular seasons games in 2081 and played a 7 game LCS to decide the Rebel Alliance Conference championship won by the 121 win Spies. Two teams winning 115+ games in the same league, let alone the same conference, is incredible! I can't recall seeing it happen in any league I've played in or followed, but I must be missing something.

As for the players concerned in the original post, Jerome Dutra nabbed his first all-star selection as part of a 44 homer, .872 OPS campaign and Alan Quiroz turned in a respectable 4.02 ERA and 1.45 WHIP over 170 1/3 innings in his 24 year-old rookie season. As badly as Quiroz struggled in the LCS, [16.20 ERA, 3 WHIP] he managed to induce popups to short both times he faced Dutra in the postseason.

Congrats to Trempk on a 3rd consecutive title and 22nd in the past 62 seasons!
    Psi Phi: Williamsburg Tribe Power (Comm)
    Justice: Jefferson Airplanes ('22)
    TDD: Richmond Rebels (Comm) ('92, '99, '00, '34)
    Psi Sigma: Dillard Dictators (Comm) ('07, '49, '56)
    LCL: NY Lawn Mowers ('93)
    ANB: Edison Electricity ('23, "53)
    BBL: Philadelphia Federalists ('06, '29, '34, '38)
    Recycler: NOVA No Doze ('98, '00, '09, '19)
    VLR: Amritsar Destroyers ('98)
    EBB: Pennsylvania Powder Kegs ('36, '69)
    IBA: Lahaina Luau
    LOL: Fargo Frostbite
    CBF: Cradock Diablos ('59)

23/58 in World Series

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast