Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: 1990 Divisional Outlooks

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mental Asylum
    Posts
    5,829

    Re: 1990 Divisional Outlooks

    We aren't very good at home, and with more home games than road games remaining, I suspect we will come back to the pack.
    21-7 World Series Record

    I am getting SO tired of slitting the throats of people who call me a violent psycopath

    Greatest Players I have managed:
    Bruce Myles
    George Clark
    Robert Stone
    Richard Wood
    Jason Moore


  2. #22

    Re: 1990 Divisional Outlooks

    The Black Bears are not doing well. But I did actually get 3 good prospects in the draft, so there is hope for the future.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mental Asylum
    Posts
    5,829

    Re: 1990 Divisional Outlooks

    Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    The Walter Johnson outlook was pretty accurate with one MAJOR exception. Oakland has been a huge surprise and sits atop the division (picked to finish as high as third). They were on a trajectory to be a contender - I just didn’t see it happening this quickly. Flatland, Wellfleet and Atlantic City are fighting it out for the wildcard spot. Should be an interesting race down the stretch. Will the pack chase down Oakland and make it a 4 way race to the finish? You heard it here first - yes! I think this is gonna get very interesting come September - possibly a 4 way fight for 2 playoff berths.


    Sent from my iPad using CSFBL
    My team thanks you for the bulletin board material.

    Winners of 12 of the last 13 games.
    21-7 World Series Record

    I am getting SO tired of slitting the throats of people who call me a violent psycopath

    Greatest Players I have managed:
    Bruce Myles
    George Clark
    Robert Stone
    Richard Wood
    Jason Moore


  4. #24

    Re: 1990 Divisional Outlooks

    Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    My team thanks you for the bulletin board material.

    Winners of 12 of the last 13 games.
    Lol yea. You put that theory to bed. Behind you is an interesting three team scrum for sure.


    Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL

  5. #25

    Re: 1990 Divisional Outlooks

    Anybody else hear that sound in Honus Wagner? I’m pretty sure Manila hears it! It’s the distinctive sound of Georgia’s footsteps in the distance.... getting louder as we go.


    Sent from my iPhone using CSFBL

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mental Asylum
    Posts
    5,829

    Re: 1990 Divisional Outlooks

    Flatland is on fire, and they have overtaken us for 1st place. I knew this team wasn't ready for prime time, but that doesn't take anything away from how well Flatland is playing right now.
    21-7 World Series Record

    I am getting SO tired of slitting the throats of people who call me a violent psycopath

    Greatest Players I have managed:
    Bruce Myles
    George Clark
    Robert Stone
    Richard Wood
    Jason Moore


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    466

    Re: 1990 Divisional Outlooks

    Thanks ...it's actually epic..and I say that from a statistical point of view

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    466

    Re: 1990 Divisional Outlooks

    Because I scoured through 240 total seasons looking for streaks (I admit I did not look for streaks followed by streaks but I'm fairly certain it would have caught my eye) I can say with a high degree of confidence that Flatland Stick's current 24-3 (197 runs, 101 runs against) run is one of the best, if not the best ever in this league. I find it absolutely incredible because my pitching staff is not exactly steller and, if I make the playoffs, will probably be exposed for the imposters they are.

  9. #29

    Re: 1990 Divisional Outlooks

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    Because I scoured through 240 total seasons looking for streaks (I admit I did not look for streaks followed by streaks but I'm fairly certain it would have caught my eye) I can say with a high degree of confidence that Flatland Stick's current 24-3 (197 runs, 101 runs against) run is one of the best, if not the best ever in this league. I find it absolutely incredible because my pitching staff is not exactly steller and, if I make the playoffs, will probably be exposed for the imposters they are.
    Wow a great run for sure. Gotta say I’m not surprised considering the offensive firepower you had .... then heaped on Vasquez on top. As to your pitching, you are the best in your division, so you’ve been making hay in your division. Exactly what you needed to get back on top.

    So I’m up next. If you get into my bullpen look out....my bullpen has been awful. So might have to crank down up my starting pitcher toast rating. Lol.


    Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    466

    Re: 1990 Divisional Outlooks

    Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    Wow a great run for sure. Gotta say I’m not surprised considering the offensive firepower you had .... then heaped on Vasquez on top. As to your pitching, you are the best in your division, so you’ve been making hay in your division. Exactly what you needed to get back on top.

    So I’m up next. If you get into my bullpen look out....my bullpen has been awful. So might have to crank down up my starting pitcher toast rating. Lol.


    Sent from my iPad using CSFBL
    Interestingly, I began the run after I decided to give my SPers the ability to go deep in games and made my closer a real closer again, not letting my bullpen be so involved. I also began giving rest to a player at a time nearly every game, so my lineup and batting order has not been the same for more than 2 games ( I have to sleep) at a time over that span.


    When I began resting my guys, they seemed to have woke up.....I don't know if it's real or imaginary but I will be doing it until you lay me to waste.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •