Thread: 1995 playoffs

1995 playoffs

Congratulations to all playoff teams! Should be a good one.

Re: 1995 playoffs

The Sochi general manager called the manager into his office and demanded a win at all costs move. The manager promptly named the young Sochi closer as starting pitcher for a must win game 6 vs Nevada. Stephen Elliott took to his 1st start of his career with great determination and poise, tossing 7 innings of 3 hit ball. His 10 Ks with 1 BB led the Circassian Warriors into a deciding game 7 in the Billy Beane divisional series where Robert Johnson, now fully rested, will take the mound. In this David vs Goliath series, can Johnson win his 3rd game of the series? The fate of Sochi is in his arm now.
    Last edited by Fyewiks; July 22, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

Gusty Call and good to see it pay off.
    Also glad to see no team got swept in the first round. That’s always the worst.

Yes very smart move by the Sochi manager. Now up 3-0. LA struggling in its series. Hoping to launch a comeback. Want to lend Stephen Elliot for a game? Haha

Sochi, after being up 3-0, had to sweat it out against a very tough Philadelphia squad. Forced to use Robert Johnson in a deciding game 7, (The Sochi general manager had hoped to start Johnson in World Series game 1, then was seen throwing a tantrum for not demanding he start game 6) Johnson was shelled but still managed to get his 5th W of this years playoff.

Now it's on to face the team that was so very friendly in negotiations for superstar Mendez. Hey!! Wait!! This was not in the plan!! This should be interesting, but I'm thinking it won't end well for Sochi!

Congrats Sochi. Awesome series. I’m glad we were able to turn a possible sweep into a solid 7 game series. Good luck in the WS.

Quote Originally Posted by iLLrated View Post
    Congrats Sochi. Awesome series. I’m glad we were able to turn a possible sweep into a solid 7 game series. Good luck in the WS.

Congrats to Sochi and Diamond for making the WS. Good luck guys

When I dealt away Mendez, the idea was I would contend for a longer period of time. It was not even remotely thought of that I would be in the World Series this year, let alone up 3-0.
    I've been down this road before, though, in these playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised to play a game 7.
    But I gotta say....just to be at this point I must have a rabbits foot in my pocket, holding on to a horseshoe, with a four leaf clover in my hair and Lady Luck herself at my side.
    Last edited by Fyewiks; July 25, 2018 at 06:39 PM.

No game 7. Congrats to Sochi and Fyewiks!

Quote Originally Posted by jsch08 View Post
    No game 7. Congrats to Sochi and Fyewiks!
    Thanks! I'm still in a state of disbelief.