Thread: END of YOG

END of YOG

it's been a while now that we have been missing owners and recruiting is very difficult
    not enough participation in the draft , lack of trade talks and trades , so unless we find some new blood , i don t see a future for YOG

Also if someone wants join as a commish feel free to let me know , because soon with my work load i'm going to have less time for CFSBL

thanks
    Red Sox Nation World Series Champs 2085 ,2086,2097 Conference Champs 2084
    MLB STr8 8s World Series Champs 2053,2055 Conference Champs 2058
    Psi Sigma World Series Champs 2084 , Conference Champs 2094,2105
    YOG World Series Champs 2054 , Conference Champs 2061
    CSFBL Justice World Series Champs 2089,2109,2111
    SimusSport World Series Champs 2062,2064

Re: END of YOG

Well... this sucks.

not saying it's the end , but something needs to happen

Been here for a couple of seasons now, and did try doing some trades and posted to the board, but I had 0 people respond. I assumed most owners in this league are content with draft and development which is fine and I didn't want to be the annoying owner that offers trade after trade until one is agreed to. Separately, about half did supply a list or post for the draft so it doesn't seem like low participation as the other two leagues I am in are about the same. All that said I am always open to trade as I am in the middle of rebuilding Milwaukee, so players in their late 20s and up are available for picks or prospects.
    Say Hey Prospects (1981-?): Wisconsin Bombers 1981
    Earth Baseball (2120-?): Vulcan ViciousVelociraptors
    Years of Glory(2087-?): Milwaukee Brewers

i have been here for a while now and even when we had 24 owners , i don't recall trading ever being high and it never bother me , what i would like is more participation in the draft

The draft used to sneak up on me until I got in the habit of checking the forum early and often, especially in "early CSFBL-May." I haven't made a trade in a while, partially because I'm still trying to get a reliable handle on what makes a good pitcher (I've had a handful of guys over the years who have pitched well below their ability ratings, so to speak). I can't remember whether there's a feedback function in the trade mechanism ("here's why I'm turning down your offer, and here's what I'm looking for").

One thing I'll say for YOG is that it's been relatively free of the "I'm gonna do you the favor of taking your Hall of Famer off your hands in return for a fungo bat, half a bottle of Gold Bond Blue, an umpire's chest protector that the rats have gnawed on, and a third round pick" syndrome I've seen elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by KenLLOF1B View Post
    I can't remember whether there's a feedback function in the trade mechanism ("here's why I'm turning down your offer, and here's what I'm looking for").
    There is not....and it's something I'd love to see.

Yeah. It would be great if it could be done in sort of a BBS or forum format, made private for the participating owners. "Here's my offer and here's how I think it helps us both." "Offer received with thanks, but here's why it doesn't work for my club -- how about this instead?" Make it a true (asynchronous, in time terms) negotiation rather than just a sequence of bare nekkid offers that don't give much insight.

It needs to be asynchronous because we could be anywhere in the world, and I assume none of us are playing CSFBL for a living. Maybe just get in the habit of using PMs to negotiate trades, and only use the trade function after a deal has been agreed upon.