Thread: 40 games left

40 games left

Jevon Vasquez, front runner for the MVP, is having a career year. Posting his best numbers ever with over a month left to play ball. He's upping his trade value now.

40 games left

Quote Originally Posted by FlySkimma View Post
    Jevon Vasquez, front runner for the MVP, is having a career year. Posting his best numbers ever with over a month left to play ball. He's upping his trade value now.
    The guys a stud for sure. But his salary makes him a very tough buy. I like that your guy produces across the board. My $8 million dollar man in another league hits for power but hits less than 0.250 and struck out 200 times last yr. he is like an albatross. Can’t trade him...hard to cut him either. So I’m stuck with him.

Other than a potential perennial 25+ win pitcher, I’m not sure any position player is worth $8 mil. Maybe a middle INF with a huge bat and 95 + RA....maybe...My opinion of course. Everyone has different priorities in this game.

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL
    Last edited by TyrusCobb; July 12, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

Re: 40 games left

And the Oakland Oaks suck yet again. This may be the most frustrating team I have ever run all of my ten years on this site. There is enough talent that we should at least be above .500 no matter what, but that ain't gonna happen.

In my year absence it has become clear that one major tweak was done to the pitching algorithm. It use to be, that one monster rating with above average ratings could still be a very good pitcher, but I see that is no longer the case. Case in point is Howard Felix, at 22 he has a 99 FI, with average numbers in his other ratings. With that 99 FI and the fact that I have 90+ RA at SS, 2B and 85 RA at 3B means this guy's ERA should be in the low 3's instead it is pushing 4. This is not to say he won't end up as a pretty elite pitcher, but had I know he would struggle this much, I might have left him in the lows for a bit longer to get his other ratings higher. By the way, these are his potentials 74/99/56/79 with EN 82. He still has 12 points to develop in each of the other 3 major pitching ratings and a couple of points in EN. So when all is said and done I expect his ERA to be in the mid to high 2's consistently.
    23-8 World Series Record

I am getting SO tired of slitting the throats of people who call me a violent psychopath

Greatest Players I have managed:
    Bruce Myles
    George Clark
    Robert Stone
    Richard Wood
    Jason Moore

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Case in point is Howard Felix, at 22 he has a 99 FI, with average numbers in his other ratings. With that 99 FI and the fact that I have 90+ RA at SS, 2B and 85 RA at 3B means this guy's ERA should be in the low 3's instead it is pushing 4. This is not to say he won't end up as a pretty elite pitcher, but had I know he would struggle this much, I might have left him in the lows for a bit longer to get his other ratings higher. By the way, these are his potentials 74/99/56/79 with EN 82. He still has 12 points to develop in each of the other 3 major pitching ratings and a couple of points in EN. So when all is said and done I expect his ERA to be in the mid to high 2's consistently.
    Want to sell low? hahaha. Felix should be really, really good. He's currently sitting at 3.42 ERA. Control MIGHT be the only issue, but I love his GO/FO ratio, especially with high RA in the MI. He'll probably have 20+ QS's in his 22 year old season. He'll be fantastic.
    ACL - Washington Nationals
    Red Sox Nation - Durham Bulls
    Spring Training - Manchester United
    Baseball Dynasty - West KY Muggy
    MLB Classic - Chicago White Sox
    MLB Throwback - Philadelphia Athletics

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    Other than a potential perennial 25+ win pitcher, I’m not sure any position player is worth $8 mil.
    It's very difficult to build around one big $ player. But if I'm going to do it, I agree with you. A guy that I could start 40 games and he's going to win 25+ is worth 8m... or more.

I give a player that earned over 11 million at one point in his career and was worth every bloody scent, but then again, salary algorithm was different back then and it was easier to surround him with decent hitting and pitching.

https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=3216008

Mind you he also played with these two pitchers eating big salaries too:
    https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=2866618
    https://www.csfbl.com/player/view.asp?playerid=2880516

If I remember correctly we had 80% of our salary tied up in just 4 players.
    23-8 World Series Record

I am getting SO tired of slitting the throats of people who call me a violent psychopath

Greatest Players I have managed:
    Bruce Myles
    George Clark
    Robert Stone
    Richard Wood
    Jason Moore

Stone was a beast. Nice pitching too. Hope you won a few titles with those guys. You're right about it being easier back then. They didn't pay defensive players anything so your 90 range guys were cheap.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I know the 8 mill is a lot and he hits behind the MVP runner up and his 5 mill salary. But my pitching is atrocious and will never make it too even .500 with this staff. I need to make some moves and try to balance the roster out.