Thread: FA

FA

This League ever get any good FA's? I looked at the last 4 years and they are god awful. Getting a few good ones each year to fight over might spice it up.

Re: FA

Quote Originally Posted by grumpdaddy View Post
    This League ever get any good FA's? I looked at the last 4 years and they are god awful. Getting a few good ones each year to fight over might spice it up.
    Eh? I got a young 90 RA SS and 95RA 2B last year in FA , if that's god awful then I want to know what good is!
    I just can't look its killing me
    And taking control
    Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
    Swimming through sick lullabies
    Choking on your alibis
    But it's just the price I pay
    Destiny is calling me
    Open up my eager eyes
    Cause I'm Mr Brightside

I'm talking about Undrafted free agents that are added. I believe the guys you picked up were drafted by a team and let go. I should have been more clear.

I do not like them. I think it allows tanking. Few can bid and win FA in the area of 10 to 15 million. And these singular players can be Mantle like!

mmmm..... I think trying to get the top draft pick promotes tanking more......I think having your middle of the tier team getting a chance to land a player or two would add more parity.......looking back at the standings last 6-8 years it looks like the same teams year after year winning for the most part......good for them! great owners/managers but don't you think it would help to keep other owners interested.....

No. If the FA are issued every other season. You will have teams purposely "tank" to get well below the salary cap, cause if the a player is created and figures to be excellent: The bidding war will only be between the bottom feeders. Team manage well, draft well, they can stay on top, very difficult to do. This league is very deep in talent already.

So in a league I am in, a team signed a guy, for an incredible amount: 13 million, but the dude went out and hit 65hr and 159 RBI and 120 runs. So i think the WHOLE system needs to be changed. If you sign one of these prized Free Agents, I think they should LOSE their first round pick, depending on the quality of signed FA. Now of course, this is taking it a whole different level, understanding. But keep in mind, my personal opinion.

I do not like the idea of having ELITE talent occasionally dropped into the league, only a few can truly go after.

B

I again disagree with your thinking on this but it doesn't bother me. It's just a difference in ideas.