Thread: 1989 Around the League Happenings

1989 Around the League Happenings

Any interesting games, trends, events or trash talk for 1989 put it here!

Sent from my iPad using CSFBL

Re: 1989 Around the League Happenings

Interesting start so far. It’s early so far - less than 20 games in. It seems many teams used the division predictions as motivation to upset the Apple cart...

Over in Cy Young, Syndicate finds themselves in last place at 7-11. Not likely to continue, but is a trend we see across the league early on - several over/under achieving teams. Meanwhile Erie and Scottsdale are off to a strong start and sit in the 1 and 2 spots, respectively.

In Rogers Hornsby, all the talk is about Oahu and whether they are gonna join the rest of the league (down here on Earth) after a blazing 17-1 start. Advance on the other hand, has stumbled out the gate at 7-10 in 4th place. Cherry Grove is also off to a slow start at 6-11. Hudson and Caracus find themselves in contention at this stage, being around the 0.500 mark.

Over in Walter Johnson, Oakland and Ruskin are the early surprises, beating out the rest at 10-7. But Wellfleet, Flatland and Atlantic City are all at the ready to make a run in what is likely to remain a *** and tuck race up and down the division.

In Honus Wagner, Manilla shares the top spot - a common occurrence in Honus over the past several years. When asked about Manila’s motivation this season, the manager simply said “To destroy the division and reclaim the Evil Egg Empire so unjustly stolen from us by those damned rotten Peaches”. Lauder, picked 5th, is a big surprise sharing the early lead with Manilla at 12-5. Georgia has fumbled to a 7-9 start with a lack of hitting and under performing pitching. Fiji is struggling early as well at 6-11 in the cellar of the division.

But this is baseball and a 160 games is a long grind. Hang on gonna be wild ride this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    Interesting start so far. It’s early so far - less than 20 games in. It seems many teams used the division predictions as motivation to upset the Apple cart...

Over in Cy Young, Syndicate finds themselves in last place at 7-11. Not likely to continue, but is a trend we see across the league early on - several over/under achieving teams. Meanwhile Erie and Scottsdale are off to a strong start and sit in the 1 and 2 spots, respectively.

In Rogers Hornsby, all the talk is about Oahu and whether they are gonna join the rest of the league (down here on Earth) after a blazing 17-1 start. Advance on the other hand, has stumbled out the gate at 7-10 in 4th place. Cherry Grove is also off to a slow start at 6-11. Hudson and Caracus find themselves in contention at this stage, being around the 0.500 mark.

Over in Walter Johnson, Oakland and Ruskin are the early surprises, beating out the rest at 10-7. But Wellfleet, Flatland and Atlantic City are all at the ready to make a run in what is likely to remain a *** and tuck race up and down the division.

In Honus Wagner, Manilla shares the top spot - a common occurrence in Honus over the past several years. When asked about Manila’s motivation this season, the manager simply said “To destroy the division and reclaim the Evil Egg Empire so unjustly stolen from us by those damned rotten Peaches”. Lauder, picked 5th, is a big surprise sharing the early lead with Manilla at 12-5. Georgia has fumbled to a 7-9 start with a lack of hitting and under performing pitching. Fiji is struggling early as well at 6-11 in the cellar of the division.

But this is baseball and a 160 games is a long grind. Hang on gonna be wild ride this season.

Oh come on..nabbed by the overly sensitive censor again. N I P and tuck....it’s a thing...not that thing but a thing none the less!

Quote Originally Posted by TyrusCobb View Post
    N I P and tuck....it’s a thing...not that thing but a thing none the less!
    I was wondering what got censored there haha. Nice write up. I expect a lot of the underachievers to turn it around. Walter Johnson is going to be a crazy division this season. There were tons of trades after the divisional write up so N I P and tuck is right on!
    ACL - Washington Nationals
    Red Sox Nation - Durham Bulls
    Spring Training - Manchester United
    Baseball Dynasty - West KY Muggy
    MLB Classic - Chicago White Sox
    MLB Throwback - Philadelphia Athletics