Thread: 1986 Season

1986 Season

This offseason, I parted with some high obp guys with a single goal on my mind: to break the team single season home run record. Previously, that record was held by the 1997 Seattle Mariners with 264 long balls. This season, my team managed to slug 274 ones over the fence which is ten more than the original record. Somehow that feels better than a pennant....
    6th Grade Noob

Re: 1986 Season

We got a battle of opposites for the most part in our playoff series. I value OBP highly with some pop to get those players across home plate. If I could have adjustable fences I would max them out as far as I could for this series!
    Say Hey Prospects (1981-?): Wisconsin Bombers 1981
    Earth Baseball (2120-?): Vulcan ViciousVelociraptors
    Years of Glory(2087-?): Milwaukee Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadRapperD View Post
    We got a battle of opposites for the most part in our playoff series. I value OBP highly with some pop to get those players across home plate. If I could have adjustable fences I would max them out as far as I could for this series!
    Well if you designed a stadium specifically to defeat me you might not do as well against other people. I’d say that we both have arguably similar pitching so I guess this series will decide with is a more valuable stat: obp or slg?
    Last edited by lhu167; June 19, 2018 at 09:24 PM.