1999 Season Discussion

1999!

How is your team looking?
    Adirondack 46ers, The Classic League
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    , MLB Str8 8s
    Albany Shamrocks, Triple Crown Baseball

Re: 1999 Season Discussion

I'm certainly not entering this season with high expectations. I don't think Charles Wimer will ever retire and I refuse to cut him. The guy is going down in history as a Runnin' Camels!
    Last edited by Fyewiks; July 10, 2018 at 10:16 PM.

I like my Walker Park team. No superstars - but solid and deep at all positions. After experiencing way too many errors at 2B last season, rookie Charles Mendoza takes over for former all-star David Mosley. We will see if Mendoza hits enough to make the change stick.

The main question is will the pitching hold up. Two starters with low CO makes me very nervous.

This team made a nice run to the World Series last year. I think they are slightly better this year. Is there another deep playoff run in them.......?
    Last edited by Gbears877; June 11, 2018 at 01:27 AM.

The Swans are dead, they never recovered from their heartbreaking playoff push. Ownership cautiously headed south to Somalia and birthed the leagues freshest team, Mogadishu Sizzling Snakes.

What was supposed to be a rebuilding season has had an unexpected twist, as the snakes have sizzled their way to the top of the division early on. Newly minted Mogadishu fans are still growing accustomed to the sport and are confused on whether to hiss like snakes or chant Moga Moga Moga.
    Last edited by xet43; June 13, 2018 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xet43 View Post
    The Swans are dead, they never recovered from their heartbreaking playoff push. Ownership cautiously headed south to Somalia and birthed the leagues freshest team, Mogadishu Sizzling Snakes.

What was supposed to be a rebuilding season has had an unexpected twist, as the snakes have sizzled their way to the top of the division early on. Newly minted Mogadishu fans are still growing accustomed to the sport and are confused on whether to hiss like snakes or chant Moga Moga Moga.
    Camels are horrible at catching Swans...

Camels have big hooves....

I'm OK with the move.

The Great Lakes Lakers had a rough season. The team only won 60 games. But some things looked good for the future. Left fielder Perry Rickard led the Lakers with 177 hits. Perry also led the team in stolen bases with 36. Josh Crowley hit 29 homers driving in 91 runs. Old reliable Bobby Charles hit 35 home runs and drove in 89 runs. Ken Pittman won 13 while Ed Plaza saved 34 games. The Laker fans are looking forward to next season.

https://www.csfbl.com/game/boxscore.asp?gameid=39598189

Not a good way to end the season. We picked up quite a few picks for next year though so we are heading into a turbo rebuild mode and we've added some good prospects to our minor league system. I'm very excited with our prospects at SS and 2B and expect them to be a huge part of contention. I'm putting the pressure on to make a playoff appearance in 2002 when they should both be ready and we hope to get a deep draft to build the rest of the team around them. Will definitely be looking to move a few more pieces at the beginning of next season to round out our farm system. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyewiks View Post
    I'm certainly not entering this season with high expectations. I don't think Charles Wimer will ever retire and I refuse to cut him. The guy is going down in history as a Runnin' Camels!
    I think I lacked vision....