Thread: Allocation issues.

Allocation issues.

I posted this in the International Baseball Association thread, and the commish told me I should post it here.

"Quick question for ZubaZ in this thread, since I might not have a better place. I set my allocations on 3/31 with roster cuts, and made free agent offers the same day. The players were signed on 4/1, but it looks like this affected my allocations. Is this how it's supposed to work? I'm honestly not sure I've tried to pull a 3/31 offer instead of a 4/1 before."

Re: Allocation issues.

Quote Originally Posted by eagriffin View Post
    I posted this in the International Baseball Association thread, and the commish told me I should post it here.

"Quick question for ZubaZ in this thread, since I might not have a better place. I set my allocations on 3/31 with roster cuts, and made free agent offers the same day. The players were signed on 4/1, but it looks like this affected my allocations. Is this how it's supposed to work? I'm honestly not sure I've tried to pull a 3/31 offer instead of a 4/1 before."
    Yes. Allocations are assigned as of the roster on 4/1. So, since they were signed on 4/1, your allocations include their salaries.

Quote Originally Posted by stampy19 View Post
    Yes. Allocations are assigned as of the roster on 4/1. So, since they were signed on 4/1, your allocations include their salaries.
    Ah. Thanks, my bad then. I had heard there was an order of operations on 4/1, but wasn't sure and opted to risk it, figuring they wouldn't be signed the next day. You win some, you lose some. Good to know.