Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Having issues on Player Renames

Re: Having issues on Player Renames

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG View Post
    I'd just like to say I was the canary in the coal mine on this. I started complaining almost a year ago that I couldn't do renames or reassignments -- always got an error message. I pointed this out to site admins several times and was always told the same thing: the site is fine, it works for everyone else, it must be something you (meaning me) are doing wrong. Well, now it looks like I wasn't the only one after all. Have I received so much as a "Hey AndyG, just wanted to let you know ... " about this? Nope. Not a word.
    Hi AndyG, I believe I posted in this thread, just as recently as a month ago, it was an issue that wasn't related to a single user. No, we don't contact every user that reports an issue to follow up it was fixed, it isn't something personal to you. We do that communication here so it can be seen site wide.

Regardless the issue is resolved, hopefully it makes your game play more enjoyable and/or easier now.
    "As you get older, please pass on your knowledge, compassion, enthusiasm for life, love and charity to others when you feel it's appropriate and you are able to. There are always others in more need than us, and that's what life is about." - Anonymous

Re: Having issues on Player Renames

Quote Originally Posted by makila View Post
    Hi AndyG, I believe I posted in this thread, just as recently as a month ago, it was an issue that wasn't related to a single user. No, we don't contact every user that reports an issue to follow up it was fixed, it isn't something personal to you. We do that communication here so it can be seen site wide.

Regardless the issue is resolved, hopefully it makes your game play more enjoyable and/or easier now.
    Well now, of course, I wasn't aware of this thread until the other day when Vashon linked to it in chatbox. Anyway, I went back through it and saw that on May 28 you posted "I haven't heard of any other issues with player renaming." So it's clear that my repeated attempts to bring attention to this issue, which smittias definitely and I believe Vashon knew about, didn't make it to your ears. So, let's make sure the admins are talking to one another, shall we?

For months, I was dismissed as an inept crank who "must be doing something wrong."

But, as you rightly point out, the issue is now resolved. And resolved beautifully, I might add. And yes, I'm grateful to you for getting that done.
    Last edited by AndyG; July 19, 2018 at 07:18 PM. Reason: add line about being dismissed as an inept crank

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123