Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seattle Admirals Trade Block

Re: Seattle Admirals Trade Block

Quote Originally Posted by oly3 View Post
    Anyone have an overpaid underproducing mistake/problem they want to swap for? See if change of scenery prompts better performance?

3B - Roger Ronk
    Seems like every time I have a 90+ SL, <50 BA player, they will usually give me .800+ OPS... but for some reason, without fail, they will always have one season where they just go .660 OPS and forget how to hit entirely

Quote Originally Posted by EtaCar927 View Post
    Seems like every time I have a 90+ SL, <50 BA player, they will usually give me .800+ OPS... but for some reason, without fail, they will always have one season where they just go .660 OPS and forget how to hit entirely
    Yeah, I fully expect him to hit .150 for me next year. I usually don't have much luck with such players either. I despearately needed power, and Ronk only needed 67 ABs to take team lead. (which speaks both to his hot streak, and how much lack of power I had before him.)

One thing offensively I have evolved over time. I used to not pay much attention to BA (beyond a certain point, figuring DI/SL would make for it). But, I've come to love BA, and have found to be one of the more reliable player types. I still find some painfully underacheivers, (Current Denver is close to having a perennial one in Ruben Bush). But, I have gotten good mileage out of high-average guys of late. (as long as I sprinkle a few DI and/or SL guys in with)

Quote Originally Posted by DTCT View Post
    One thing offensively I have evolved over time. I used to not pay much attention to BA (beyond a certain point, figuring DI/SL would make for it). But, I've come to love BA, and have found to be one of the more reliable player types. I still find some painfully underacheivers, (Current Denver is close to having a perennial one in Ruben Bush). But, I have gotten good mileage out of high-average guys of late. (as long as I sprinkle a few DI and/or SL guys in with)
    Personally I actually really like DI, maybe more than BA. BA would be more useful to me if people actually scored from second base on a single (I know it happens but it feels like it happens WAY less than in real life).

In pitching I'm really starting to like the 90+ CO with SY or FI at 70+, that player type seems to always be available in the free agent market every year and I usually can get below a 4 ERA from them.

Quote Originally Posted by EtaCar927 View Post
    Personally I actually really like DI, maybe more than BA. BA would be more useful to me if people actually scored from second base on a single (I know it happens but it feels like it happens WAY less than in real life).

In pitching I'm really starting to like the 90+ CO with SY or FI at 70+, that player type seems to always be available in the free agent market every year and I usually can get below a 4 ERA from them.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I like DI too. I like to have that leadoff guy with 100+ BBs. I just find too much DI and not enough BA, seems to leave me with a lot of left on base. Kind of a balancing act. If you OBP at .400, I'll usually find a place for you. I also generally need a couple of guys who can SL, or I do usually have some offensive outage, like this year.

I have to admit I do get a little scared of CO pitchers. While I've had a long term success story now and again, they usually don't get me below a 5.50 ERA. Of course, getting a good SY or FI like you say does nullify that a lot. If they have a knuckleball, I've had good success with pitchers who are practically SY-only. ANd I've had high-FI guys who if they have untapped PO potential, get worse as they realize that PO potential. Attribute combos with pitching can get really weird sometimes.

Back to Ronk, he has cooled down considerably, though still punching enough HRs to not worry much. Though, with my team situation, with the fact he plays excellent defense, if he hit .220 with 35 HRs for a couple of years. I'll be able to stand him.

Looking for an above average C or 1b. Could part with an above average starting P.
    "...turns out you don't grip a baseball. Baseball grips you".

Strong vet pitching for strong vet offense?

I need a bat or two...

Looks like you tried to send something my way but cancelled it. What's your idea?

Still noodling things...

Quote Originally Posted by RyckyRych View Post
    Looks like you tried to send something my way but cancelled it. What's your idea?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123